1000 points, thoughts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points, thoughts?

Noble
    sword of might
    shield
    heavy armor
    helm of fortune
    barded elven steed

Mage
    Level 2 Wizard
    Ring of Corin
    dispel scroll

Spearmen 20
    musician
    standard bearer
    Lion Banner

White Lions 13
    musician
    standard bearer

Shadow Warriors 6

Ellyrian Reavers 5
    bow

Great Eagle

The noble rides with the spearmen, making a 7x3 block, and the mage rides with the White Lions, making it a 7x2 block.

Last edited by osirisisdead; May 29th, 2008 at 04:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few things

1. Noble. You may have read or heard before but still for a few more points Noble with great weapon, armour of caledor, and guardian phoenix will probly serve u better. up to you.

2. Mage. cant have 2 arcane items, ring of corin and a dispell scroll never leave hm with out one nothing worse than that monster spell going of right at the wrong time.

3. solid. I prefer to go 5 x 4 or 6 x 3. running 7 x 3 is fine but face a little bit of missle or magic fire on the way facing that toughness 4 and above unit you wish you had that extra rank bonus no matter how many attacks you throw at them.

just my thoughts other that that i rekon its not a bad list.

Thanks Jkeg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this for a change?

Have a barded elven lord ride with the spearmen... 1+ rerollable armor save?

I figure I can pop out the ring of corin if I ever catch my enemy with one or no dispel dice and have a chance to neutralize an enemy character to some degree or create some other havoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah looks good

If you want the noble on a steed then thats not a bad combo but the re roll wont save much it you face armour negating weapons or a canon ball for less points you get a 5+ ward and a 2+ AS also the armour of caledor is immune to all breath and flaming attacks. nothing funnyer than laughing of that flaming canon ball. up to you mate both have there pros and cons

Ring of corin is under rated i think for 20pts nothing worse than losing your awesome armour save or magical banner.

Thanks jkeg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have a pathological aversion to using the "standard accepted good build" for anything. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think bound spells are useful in lower point games unless you have at least 2 wizards. They're, in most cases, going to have enough dispel dice to stop it every turn. It's only when the points scale up and the standard dispel pool isn't as effective that they're worth it.

I'm not so sure about having the noble with the spearmen. In 1000pts high elves are an army with few units, and having him in the spearmen might make it harder to protect your flanks, which could lead to the entire unit being wiped out. You could leave him behind the unit, then be able to stop the unit being flanked.
    (as a small note: wouldn't the fact he is mounted make it effectively 22 models, so you could cut out one more spearman to maintain unit coherency).
    And I agree with the 2+/5+ save setup, just gives you more versatility.
    Other than that it looks good, good luck when you play!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most armys under 1000 pts tend to only have 1 wizard and at most 4 dispell dice so at least once per game you get a chance to use it, even so if they use a dispell scroll, great u gain ur points back or even more in most cases and burn a dispell scroll.

characters on there own are not the best bet as to guess were all the enemys magic and shooting will be heading.

There has been alot of talk on this reguarding mounted Characters in units. The way i see it and seems to be the way it is played, is that the mounted noble still only counts as one model in rank and file. In a cav unit you dnt get an extra rank just cause they are unit strength 2.

Thanks Jkeg

+ Reply to Thread