High Elf Army 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elf Army 2000pts

Hey guys so i'm new here and just thought i'd post my army in the army list forum!! haha...... Anyway i've collected Dwarves and Ogres in the past... and simply needed a change i went out and bought the high elf battalion and also the dragon box set and so on....

Anyway, I thought i might need some advice on my list as i've never played with or against a high elf army. I love the dragon and its a beautiful model and would love to keep it in. I wanted one of those white lion chariots but didn't know if they were worth it and ended up not having enough points in the end... and i'm not sure about that unit of 20 strong white lions.. that might be my dwarf side coming out in me i dunno. My most common enemies would be Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Wood elves and the occasion beastmen army showing up. Feel free to tell me some worthwhile units you think i should add that would be good against those opponents. Anyway tell me what you think!!

Thanks guys!!

Atharion(Prince):
    612pts
    Great weapon.
    Vambraces of Defence
    Armour of Caledor
    Star Dragon

Venir(Mage): 185pts
    Lvl 2
    Seerstaff of Saphery
    Dispel Scroll

Dantrak(Mage): 175pts
    Lvl2
    Annulyian Crystal

10 x Archers: 130pts
    Light Armor
    Hawkeye

16 x Spearmen: 194pts
    Hand Weapon, Spear, Light Armor, Shield.
    Musician
    Sentinel
    Standard Bearer
    Lion Standard

8 x Silver Helms: 224pts
    Shields
    High Helm
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

20 x White Lions of Chrace: 380pts
    Hand Weapon, Woodsmans axe, Heavy Armour, Lion cloak.
    Guardian
    Musician
    Standard Bearer.
    Banner of Arcane Protection

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 2000pts

Last edited by Atharion; July 25th, 2008 at 09:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The biggest problem with this list is the lack of maneuvreability. What I am going to do is come up with suggestions that will keep the list as close to the battalion box as possible, so that you don't have to spend huge money to develop a good list.

1) Drop the champion and the light armour from the archers. They are both a waste of points in my opinion, as 10 archers will easily do the damage you want, when combined with curse of arrow attraction

2) Drop the spearmen down to 14 and put a mage in there to give you 3 ranks 5 wide. I personally prefer my spearmen 18-24 strong, but as you don't have the extra models, this is a good solid alternative

3) Make the Silver Helms 6 strong with champion and musician. I personally don't like standard bearers on cavalry, as if the banner is lost, there go the victory points.

4) Split the White lions into 2 units of 10 with just musicians. Use them to protect the flanks of the spearmen

5) Change the Lords weapon to a lance.

With the spare points get yourself a unit of 5 shadow warriors and a great eagle to harrass and march block. They will help your dragon get to it's target better.

I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome

Thanks so much that was awesome advice!! I haven't bought the white lions yet i'm off to GW this weekend so if there was any other special unit you would suggest please do so. Though i do like the look and feel of the white lions. Using them as support for a big high elf spearmen unit sounds like a good tactic that i'm used to sort of like the hammer and the anvil haha.

Would you suggest i buy another box set of spearmen because i guess everyone can't get enough of these guys.... I love the change for the archers and silver helms to save points and also the lords weapon i can see that coming in useful.

Are the shadow warriors really worth it though?? They seem like they would just get eaten up though i guess thats to be expected i just don't know if they would kill there points worth. I love the great eagle though. Maybe i'll give the shadow warriors a test run. Plus they could serve as a distraction while my lord makes his way up the field.

Thank so much man for the advice!!

Atharion

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The extra spearmen is certainly a good idea. I have a lot of them and use 2 units in my troop based army.

Also a mix of white lions and swordmasters is a good suggestions. It might be a idea to proxy some of the different models to test them before you buy. It is fine with most friendly opponents and gives you the chance to work your list out.

Hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of new, but it seems like changing the Prince's weapon to a lance and dropping the Armour of Caledor would give you some more points to play with. With a lance, shield, and heavy/dragon armour your Lord still has a 4+ armour save that he re-rolls (due to Vambraces) in addition to his 4+ ward save (again, Vambraces). In a 2000 pt battle, that seems like it should be enough, given that shooting will be distributed unevenly (2/3 will go to the dragon). And with his Always Strike First rule and his Weapon Skill, he should be pretty hard to hurt in close combat too.

Just thought that might give you some points to do some of the stuff these other guys are suggesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.....

Thanks for the advice man those are some good tips!!

I had a 750pt battle though this weekend and found out that i might not even want to go this way.... heres my list

Aegolas (Mage)
    lvl 2 wizard
    Jewel of the dusk

10 archers

25 spearmen
    hand weap, light armour, shields, spears

6 silverhelms
    shields

Repeater bolt thrower

Anyway, i played two games against lizardmen the first game the mage got absolutely messed around by a skink priest because i forgot to put him in my archer unit...... though i managed to massacre him in the end and its all down to those spearmen. Holy cow they can hold their own.... that repeater bolt thrower managed to take out both of his heroes as they weren't in units either. The archers did some damage and just sort of made the skinks run away every now and then and ended up killing them. The silver helms got destroyed.

The second game the mage just wreaked havoc on those slimy folk. He managed to get the Fury of Khaine spell and also the SOS which is literally SoS. It saved my ass like no bodies business. Archers did the same thing. Repeater bolt thrower managed to take out a whole unit of kroxigors before they reached me. Despite my best efforts and me not really knowing what to do. The saurus on cold one unit w/ a hero on cold one charged the spearmen and destroyed them. Silver helms also. By then it was the 6th turn and my archers and RBT were totally seperated from what was going on. They took out my mage as well as he was on the same side of the board as the SH and Spearmen. He won.

So magic was a real turn on, now i think I'm gonna make a list for a 2000 point heavy magic army. Archmage in the back in my unit of archers and a dragon mage for sure and possibly another one just for kicks. I'd never taken a look at the dragon mage rules and hes pretty kick ass. So is that book of hoeth. But yeah tell me what you guys think of doing it this way....

I liked getting charged for once... especially with my spearmen... but when it comes down to cavalry what the heck should i do??

P.S. I got swordmasters of hoeth instead of the white lions. Those tips on taking spearmen in big units saved my ass and also taking everything off of the archers like light armour and musician etc... because they definately killed their points worth and didn't really get any attention apart from those skinks which they demolished. I'm now a bit sketchy about silver helms but i dunno.... maybe something like dragon princes would work... but i'm not used to cavalry haha.

So yeah thanks so much guys!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.....

d
    Last edited by Atharion; July 28th, 2008 at 21:23. Reason: Message deleted i posted it twice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the dragon princes since the have 2 attacks. They are a bit more then silver helms but i think they are worth it.

+ Reply to Thread