2k dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k dragon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

2k dragon

ok here goes
    prince on star dragon vanbraces of defense armour of calador extra hand wepon
    level 2 mage
    level 2 mage
    25 spear elves
    10 swordmasters
    15 pheonix guard
    20 white lions
    1RBT
    1RBT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this list is illegal. In a 2000-2999 game, you need to have 2 core units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

good point hmmm -1 RBT and a white lion and there you have a unit of archers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I would give the Prince a Great Weapon or a lance - an additional attack isn't really going to help him any against the sort of targets you wnat to be hitting with a dragon.
    Make him cheaper by giving him plain Dragon armour and an enchanted shield, saving the Armour of Caledor for something which may need it more, maybe give him a Talisman of Loec when you REALLY need to win those combats...Alternatively he does need some magical defence as you don't have any proper defence for yourself...

Drop the White lions down to 10, and I would add a champion to each of the WL, PG and SM - and give the SM champion something like the amulet of light, or perhaps the armour of Caledor here, for those pesky challenges, or sacred incense to get them across the battelfield.
    Rememebr that a champion in HE special units is better than many armies' heroes or even Lords (a SM champion is base WS6 and S5 ASF, with 3 attacks - that is better than most human heroes, who have to pay a lot for items to do the same..)

With the points saved, you can add a unit of archers as core.

With only two mages, you are going to be woefully short of magical defense at this level, and I doubt you will get much magical attack off either - I would favour dropping them down to level 1 and giving them scrolls and anti-magic items in copious amounts to help bolster your magical defence, and then hope you can annihilate armies with more magical offense with you in combat. The trickster's pendant is nice, because it means those DE sorceresses casting on lost of dice will have a double chance of getting vaped or otherwise being rendered useless when they attempt to sacrifice someone to use Dark Magic....

Other alternative is to drop an elites unit completely and then go magical assautl, but that is expensive and very risky, especially given that you have a Star Dragon which is a lot of points in a 2000 pts list...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~First of all, i believe that it's not allowed for a mounted person to have two hand weapons. The entry in the BRB states that infantry get the bonus, you could however give him the sword of might, giving him a Str 5, letting him wound many opponents on 2's. And what do you have on your mages? If they're just blank then you should really invest points into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could chop the spearmen in half (not advised), and give the prince a lance, and hey presto, it is the same amount of points, and a legal army.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

To reiterate and expand on my earlier suggestions, I would drop the size of the Sword masters to 7, and include a Blade Lord, and perhaps drop this size of the White Lions to 2 units of 7, and include Guardians. Why 7? Maximise your frontage against 5-wide enemy formations, so you can kill more and get hit less....

Paying for ranks on HE infantry apart from Phoenix Guard (who often need that bonus) is a little bit pointless, as they are better at killing things and scoring CR that way than having a rank bonus...(I have learnt that from advice on this very forum!!). Giving the PG a champion and standard will only help them, and teh champion can take ajuicy magic item like the Horn of Caledo or the talisman of light, or even a nice magical armour to up his save.
    THEN you can up the size of the spearmen block, and then spilt into two blocks of 15 with champions, or maybe one larger and one smaller block.
    Last edited by kithre; September 11th, 2008 at 17:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i would try and keep the 2 RBTs so try and drop some points somwhere and add 2 units of 20 spearmen, personally i wouldnt mount the lord on a dragon as i find that they dont normally win back their points, but that would be pointess as it is a dragon army lol.

+ Reply to Thread