1000point HE army Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000point HE army Help

Hello, I was wondering what you guys think of this 1000pt army list. All comments and criticism welcome! My noble will go with my Dragon Princes to make it a unit of 6.

Noble
    - Heavy Armour
    - Shield
    - Elven Steed
    - Barded Elven Steed
    - The Amulet of Light

Mage

Spearmen x 16
    - Musician
    - Standard bearer

Silver Helms x 8
    - shield

Dragon Princes of Caledor x 5
    - Drakemaster

Swordmasters of Hoeth x 10

Reapeter Bolt Thrower

1010pt Total

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I don't think that you need 8 silverhelms, they are probably better in 5 or 6, with the points you could get your mage something (couple of scrolls, L2 etc) and get your noble a lance.

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's not much point in having Silver helms and Dragon Princes in an army that small. I would lose one of those units, knock a spearman off, change the standard into a sentinel, and get some archers and some magic items for the mage.

Just my advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion the Second View Post
    There's not much point in having Silver helms and Dragon Princes in an army that small. I would lose one of those units, knock a spearman off, change the standard into a sentinel, and get some archers and some magic items for the mage.

Just my advice.
    if i take out my calvary what should i fill it in with. ( me and my friends play they collect wood elves, skaven, and tombkings i need a plan thats good to kill them all any tips or advice will help). my calvary is good to get the +2 strength with the charge and a fast way to move around.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PeeeK View Post
    Hello, I was wondering what you guys think of this 1000pt army list. All comments and criticism welcome! My noble will go with my Dragon Princes to make it a unit of 6.

Noble
    - Heavy Armour
    - Shield
    - Elven Steed
    - Barded Elven Steed
    - The Amulet of Light
    you don't need to purchase both steeds, just the barded one. there's points freed up. i'd buy this guy a lance or a great weapon. I'd also like to see him with the far squishier unit of Spears, perhaps as a BsB, but that's just a preference.

Mage
    naked? take the amulet and stick it here, you'll want the ward save. I'd also give him scrolls at the least, or lvl2. best way to go for your oppnents is m.offense, so grab the seer staff or the silver wand, or some power stones to boost this guy's effectiveness.

Spearmen x 16
    - Musician
    - Standard bearer
    you need ranks of 5 to get your bonus, so 15 or 20 are the numbers you want. I'd drop a model, and KEEP YOUR STANDARD, he's far better than a champion. Musician is questionable, you could drop him if you had to. I'd upgrade the whole unit to LSGs just because your enemies are T3 and the shooting could actually help. Deploy in 2 ranks of 7 and go from there.

Silver Helms x 8
    - shield
    shields are not as important as a standard bearer, possibly toting a war banner around. That will give you enough CR to break something. I like to run about 10 of these guys. However, you have two cavalry units, which is too much. Either knock these guys into two units of 6 and drop your DPs, or drop this unit all together.

Dragon Princes of Caledor x 5
    - Drakemaster
    swap that drakemaster for a standard bearer. DPs don't need your character to be good, so you could also drop your noble, or make him a bsb and set him with the spears. Once more, you have too many units of cavalry, so drop one or the other.

Swordmasters of Hoeth x 10
    If you haven't purchased this unit yet, go for White Lions. They will work better for you in the long run. However you decide to run it, split this unit into 2 units of 5. They will work better as flankers that way. Your opponent will have to split fire between more units, and these guys are "resilient".

Reapeter Bolt Thrower
    no complaints

1010pt Total
    you are 10pts over. I'm not a jerk or anything, but I wouldn't play this army. I'd force you to drop something in order to field 1K or less. The army wouldn't be tournament legal because it's over.
    Not trying to hijack the list, but there are some things that can be done to make this a very competetive list.
    For your cavalry, I need to ask you something: what are you using them for? If they are your flankers, you could likely run them as Reavers and save some points. If you are using them as "go getters", then you need to rethink your list.
    Cavalry suffers in the presence of infantry. If you charge your cavalry into the enemy and hope for the best, you are essentially running 500pts against 1000, and they are going to be highly disadvantaged. If you want to use alot of cavalry, might I suggest swapping your spears to archers, and dropping your Swordmasters in favor of more riders? If you do a search, I have a cavalry tactica out here on the boards that may interest you.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Not trying to hijack the list, but there are some things that can be done to make this a very competetive list.
    For your cavalry, I need to ask you something: what are you using them for? If they are your flankers, you could likely run them as Reavers and save some points. If you are using them as "go getters", then you need to rethink your list.
    Cavalry suffers in the presence of infantry. If you charge your cavalry into the enemy and hope for the best, you are essentially running 500pts against 1000, and they are going to be highly disadvantaged. If you want to use alot of cavalry, might I suggest swapping your spears to archers, and dropping your Swordmasters in favor of more riders? If you do a search, I have a cavalry tactica out here on the boards that may interest you.
    Thank you very much i will change up my army to be the best. i dont have all my models so its not a big hassel to re think and get it good with your help.

+ Reply to Thread