Teclis "friendly" 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Teclis "friendly" 2k

I've decided to have a go at using teclis as my opponent will be using special characters.

Here's my first attempt:

-----

Lords

Teclis

Heroes

Noble - 153 Pts
    Great Weapon
    Battle Standard
    Armour of Caledor
    Gem of Courage

Dragon Mage - 420 Pts
    Magic Level 2
    Silver Wand
    Guardian Phoenix

Core

21 Spearmen – 214 Pts
    Full Command

10 Archers - 110 Pts

Special

18 Phoenix Guard - 375 Pts
    Full Command
    Banner of Sorcery
    Skeinsliver

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Casting Pool: 8 + 2D3

Dispel Pool: 5 + D3

Models in Army: 60

Total Army Cost: 1997 Pts

-----

I have misgivings about taking the dragon mage so he could be swapped for two mages. The problem with that is that I don't have enough units to hide them all in.

Teclis and the bsb go side by side in the Phoenix Guard so that Teclis doesn't get thumped by basic troopers.

Any comments would be welcome.

Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

You have a very. very low model count. I would swap the Dragon Mage for 2 units of 6 Dragon Princes, a lion standard on the Spearmen, and banner of Ellyrion on one of the DP...Or if you want to focus on all infantry, then you can get around 25 High Elven Elites with that many points, maybe two units of 7 swordmasters, a unit of 7 White Lions, and another Eagle?

Finally, if you are hankering after magic I would take 1 level 2 mage with seerstaff, so you have two mages able to pick spells, and a lot of power dice to use them. Then you use the remainder of the points on a noble, lance, full armour + barded steed, amulet of light, radiant gem, to create yet another mage. Again, that leavse enough points for a decent sized elites unit to back up the Phoenix Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kithre is very right, you have a very very small army.

I would suggest dropping the dragon mage for a level 2 mage like kithre said and keep the BSB on foot. Now you have more then enough magic and still CC support for you're infantry.

Next expand you're troops.
    Eagles are good at slowing you're enemy down for more "zapp"time, so get at least two.

Maybe include 2 small 7 man Swordmaster units.
    A. these guys will be fluffy
    B. they add some extra power to you're army and you're oppoent will have to choose to target small but deadly Swordmaster units or go after the big ones (like Phoenix Guard).

And maybe some cav. like Drtagon princes with the banner of Ellyrion, giving you a mobile but hard hitting unit.

So in short, drop the dragon mage and use it's points to expand you're army.

Hope it helps

Elfwarden
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't too sure about the dragon mage anyway. I'll make changes and post the refined list.

PS elfwarden, this isn't personal or anything but there is a clear difference between "your" and "you're". Every time that you typed "you're", you effectively say "you are". What you should have done is use "your". I know English is not your first language but that is a real pet hate of mine.
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I don't know that I would call the list "friendly", I do like it though sort of. I think it's strength is in it's tiny size though.

You have rendered half of your opponents army useless as they get in each other's way trying to get to your army, the only thing you lack is a consistent way to make your Phoenix Gaurd (or Spearmen) stubborn, the chances are you will have to give up a flank (or Rear) at some point.

I would be tempted to try your list knowing that it is probably not the optimum but just to see what such a small list plays like. You are almost gauranteed to choose the first turn.

One thing I would change is the BSB, I would put him on a Barded steed with shield and lance and give him the Battle Banner.

Taking your original list would be an experiment, just to see if you can play the list, rather then taking what you believe to be the best incarnation of the list.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I wasn't too sure about the dragon mage anyway. I'll make changes and post the refined list.

PS elfwarden, this isn't personal or anything but there is a clear difference between "your" and "you're". Every time that you typed "you're", you effectively say "you are". What you should have done is use "your". I know English is not your first language but that is a real pet hate of mine.
    Thanx for the heads up. I never realised that i mixed that up so often.

About the list, Allonairre has a point about the small size. You could really use that to your advantage.

elfwarden
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Thanks for the advice here. I made another list minus Teclis but I think this one here could do with a spin.

I'll make some modifications and post how it goes.

P.S. I was originally going to take Korhil or Caradryan but they both ended up being very expensive and not worth it.
    Posting and You

+ Reply to Thread