2250 pt. Magic Heavy List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2250 pt. Magic Heavy List

I made this list with killing one unit each turn.My plan is to stay back while i target one unit at a time with my magic and bolt throwers when fighting against opponents with few units.Against horde armies i try to get flames of the phoenix on a big unit with my mage and my bolt throwers and archmage against another unit and then casting Drain Magic at the end of the turn.I have magic resistance to protect my elite units and use my regular dispel dice for the spearmen,I play against magic heavy lists all the time so it is a must.

Archmage 325 pts.
    Level 4
    Ring of Fury
    Silver Wand
    Power Stone

Mage 185 pts.
    Level 2
    Seerstaff of Saphery
    Power Stone

Caradryan *** pts.
    (With Phoenix Guard)

Noble 141 pts.
    Dragon Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of Might
    Sacred Incense
    (With Swordmasters)

15 Spearmen 160 pts.
    Full Command

15 Spearmen 160 pts.
    Full Command

17 Phoenix Guard 335 pts.
    Full Command-Banner of Sorcery

17 Swordmasters 310 pts.
    Full Command-Banner of Arcane Protection

5 Dragon Princes 200 pts.
    Full Command

Repeater Bolt Thrower *** pts.

Repeater Bolt Thrower *** pts.

Great Eagle ** pts.

Peace

Last edited by Brother Mike; October 28th, 2008 at 23:54. Reason: Gingerninja's Wisdom

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Righty Ho.

This looks like a very solid starting point, but I do have a couple of concerns:

1) Your noble is illegal. He has 55pts of magic items so, if you want to keep the sacred incense, I would suggest giving him the gem of courage and dragon armour and a shield. That should come to 141pts

2) You are also about 75pts light at the moment, which means I can do some spending to improve the layout of the army. If you go with the noble modification, you have 91pts to spend

Here are my recommendations:

A) Drop one of the swordmasters and phoenix guard, and put the archmage in the phoenix guard and the mage in with the masters. That will give them solid protection from mage hunters and other enemies

B ) With the spare points from that move, change the Dragon Princes to a unit of 6 with champ and musician. Put the skeinsliver on the champ to help ensure the first turn.

C) This leaves you around 65pts. I would then get a great eagle to go and march block and the amulet of light for the swordmaster bladelord, allowing you to have some form of magical attacks. I think that fits the theme.

I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea that does,im glad that someone double checked my maths,and as always,gingerninja has great ideas.Thanks!

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

almost everything has been said hmm caradryan would be better in the swordmasaters as the would cause and be immune to fear and have magical resistance 3 but The nobel would help keep the swordmasters alive from shooting choices choices. I don't know what else to say.

good luck and peace
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

+ Reply to Thread