1250pt 4 games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1250pt 4 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250pt 4 games

Hi all, Im going to be playing in a mini tourny (with friends from my club) which consists of 4 games with an assortment of armires but im not trying to make a really competitive list. Heres what i was thinking of:

-Mage, lvl.2 with silverwand and ring of fury 185
    -Mage, lvl.2 with jewel of the dusk 150
    -Archers x10 XXX
    -Spearmen x20 with full comand 210
    -PG x15 with full comand and banner of sorc. 305
    -
    Reavers x5 with bows 105
    -
    Bolt thrower XXX
    -
    Shadow warriors x5 XXX

This pretty much come up to 1250 pts. My idea is to have a mage in the PG and the other in spearmen then jump out depending on the army and terrain. I have a good amount of magic and shooting to hopefully wither down the enemy before they reach my two blocks of infantry. My reavers are there to take down war machine crew and for march block and harrassing the flanks. My shadow warriors are there to be scouts and hide in trees then come out and try to disrupt the enemy.
    Some things I was wondering is if my unit of spearmen are too large for this scale of game or do i really need them. I could take SM or WL but the unit would be smaller then the spearmen and that would leave only one large infantry unit to take the damage. I was also considering taking out the Shadow warriors and adding in another bolt thrower or two eagles, though i would have to scrape together another 20 points.
    Please comment and give me feed back. I know this army could be improved. Ill be playing my brother this weekend to see what els has to be changed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Personally, I like the basis of this list, but I would suggest the following changes:

1) Drop one phoenix guard so that you can put your general in that unit for protection.

2) Drop 2 spearmen so that this unit is capable of 19 ASF attacks a turn. A 3*6 formation works extremely well at this points level.

3) Drop the bows from the Ellyrion Reavers. They don't need them to flank or lure in the enemy, and their shots are generally ineffective.

4) With the spare points generated you should be able to get 1 great eagle to warmachine hunt, or support the shadow warriors.

I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread