1000 Pt Magic+Speed Experiment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pt Magic+Speed Experiment

Tomorrow I am facing off against a new empire player (by new, I mean a whfb rookie) so I wanted to try something totally different and just focus on controlling two phases entirely. These would be movement and magic. Do you think I stand any chance at all, even if it wasn't against a rookie?

Mage Lv 2 Jewel of Dusk + guardian Pheonix, mounted on elf steed @ 187 Pts

Mage Lv 1 w/ Ring of Fury, Silver Wand, Elf Steed @ 162

15 Lothern w/ shields, fc @ 220 Pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers w/ bow + spear @ 105 Pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers w/ bow + spear @ 105 Pts

5 Dragon Princes w/FC + War Banner @ 220 Pts

Total Army Cost: 999

The idea is to put the each mage in a reaver unit for the fast cav movement bonus + look out sir rules. With 6 power dice and bound magic missile, I should do significant damage each magic phase barring any mishaps (prolly going with Heavens & High for my magic types).

The DPs are meant to distract and take fire while threating his main line, and the sea guard, my slow foot sloggers are just there to advance, fire and hopefully see some combat by round 2-3.

I am anticipating a mix of gunline and blocks of troops from him, but who knows what he will pick.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well, if he decides on gunline, your reavers are going to be toast, warm buttery toast!!

That aside, it looks like an interesting plan. I am not sure about the seaguard as you could probably achieve your goal with a simple unit of spearmen, and a bolt thrower for roughly the same cost, and probably have a more effective attack.

12 Spearmen with a standard and 1 Bolt thrower will cost the same points, and I think it will serve you better in the long run.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like a fun lists, you'll definitly out manover him. but if he goes gun line i dout that will save you. you might want to drop the LGs for a unit of ten archers (no upgrades), which leaves you about 110pts (rough guess) to play around with. with the left over points I might dring another unit of ten archers or a RBT. I'm not realy fond of l.v. 1 mages, but in this pts level i don't thing it will be to much of a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up taking all your advide and dropped the LSG for 11 archers, and then picked up the RBT (I didnt have the minis for the eagles on hand).

In the end it worked out as a minor victory for me. The dragon princes and the 11 archers did a bulk of the work for it. He only had 2 handgunner units, each with a long-rifle, and one great cannon. He ended up wiping my general wizard with a well placed cannon shot (and a miserably failed 'look out sir' + failed ward save) before he even got any spells off. Lesson learned, for me, 1 wizard is enough.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Congratulations on your result, I meant to post this before it was too late...

This is sort of the same vein, dominating the movement phase being the key tactic, as well as a solid magic phase at this point level

Noble 149
    Ring of Fury
    Steed
    Shield
    Dragon Armour
    Lance

L2 Mage 197
    Steed
    SeerStaff
    Scroll

10 Archers

5 Reavers 112
    Bows and Spears
    Musician

5 Reavers 112
    Bows and Spears
    Musician

5 Dragon Princes 220
    Banner Banner of Sorcery

Eagle

Eagle

1000 pts
    5-7 casting dice + L4 Bound Spell
    3 dispel dice + Scroll

Originally the General had the Reaver Bow and was on an eagle but I think that he is safer as is, the other option would be to take the Radiant Gem of Hoeth instead of the ring but I think that what I have is better at drawing out dispel dice, although does give me a slightly worse dispel chance.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread