2k fast hit/magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k fast hit/magic

so after many unreliable shooting/magic phases i came up with this list, im going for a quick strong punch but still want some magic cause it can be devestating if it goes off+need the defence, just doesnt make sense to use the lord slot for the archmage when you can have a star dragon, magic is too easy for opponents to stop and i dont wanna be that cheesy guy with teclis

prince+star dragon-armor of cel-vambs of defence-halb-gem of cur-616
    mage-lvl2-seer-scroll-185
    mage-lvl2-silver-scrollx2-185

10-spearmen
    11-spearmen

5-dragon princes-banner-banner of ell-185
    5-dragon princes
    5-dragon princes
    1-lion chariot

4-eagles

2000 points, each mage goes with a unit of spears for protection and chooses lores depending on opponent, eagles war machine or mage hunt or march block or direct units(eagles are so versitile its beautiful), if posible mage hunt so they cant stop my magic, everything else tries to cause max damage, the dragon princes with banner usually try to guard dragons flank(ive had him lose combat res before by getting flanked+some bad rolls and ran off the table, that sucked)so constructive criticism welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I like the idea of this list, but as magic is not really a wanted side part of your game plan, I would suggest dropping the mages down to a level 1 mage, and just have 2 scrolls and the annulyian crystal.

This will allow you to get hold of the level one spells, as well as give you the option to get another 10 spearmen for your units, or 3 more dragon princes to make them units of 6.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think that I would drop the L2's to L1's as GN suggested but then get archers instead of spearmen, they can still be bunkers for you mages, but they might have an impact on the game and will keep opposing mages honest as they leap out of units to hide from combat.

Aside from that I would be tempted to go with 2 units of Ellyrion Reavers instead of the chariot and 1 eagle. They give you 2 units that can hopefully get into a position to flank what the dragon princes charge, and take away that units ranks.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would definatly drop the eagles, and use the points for something else, like bolt throwers. and swith out the spearmen for archers, because in my opinion only ten spearmen are just going to die. but dragons are always amazing .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with dropping the eagles completely. For 50 points, they are way, way too useful to do away with completely. I do think 4 is a bit of overkill and unnecessary. I would drop 2 of them a pick up a single bolt thrower or up your spearman blocks.

+ Reply to Thread