Teclis 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teclis 2250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teclis 2250

I'm pretty new to the whole magic concept and though i've posted many lists so far im still bit noobish to this game and I'm having trouble grasping the concept of what I need to do. heres a list I came up with for my mage style army.

Teclis

Caradryan

Mage 175
    Level 2
    Staff of Sorcery

Mage 175
    Level 2
    Ring of Fury

Archers
    10x

Archers
    10x

Phoenix Guard 345
    15x
    Keeper of Flames with Skeinsliva
    Banner of Sorcery

Swordmasters
    7x

Sword Masters
    7x

Shadow Warriors
    8x

RBT

RBT

Lion Chariot

using teclis cause love the lore and hes amazing character. I heard that phoenix guard are good meat shields and that caradryan makes good protecter for teclis. but im still unsure of what I would need to do with this kind of army. and suggestions on what I need to do?

Last edited by gingerninja; February 25th, 2009 at 16:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

My biggest concern about this list is the complete lack of static combat res in the entire army, besides the Phoenix Guard. You do have some march blocking capability in the shadow warriors, but you lack any really fast methods of removing war machines from the game.

You have a very heavy magic phase, 10 + 2D3 power dice is very potent, but be aware that will only work some of the time. I would suggest dropping the staff mage for a unit of 17 spearmen with full command to hold the other mage. This will bulk up your numbers, as well as give you a more solid centre.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mainly had the two mages because of I wanted to try for Drain magic 6+. but is a close combat orianted unit really the best place to hide a mage though?

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Perhaps not, but you could put the one in the archer units, and then have a larger unit of spearmen. They are a good defensive unit.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

Yes you will be weak in combat. But the swordmasters will help.

Teclis is wonderful my opinion. Any double except 1s causes IR. Just yesterday I did a drain magic spell with three die 2,2 and 3. My opponent had two dispell die save and could not use them. He is not a fighter even with that wonderful sword. I would love to be able to purchase that sword for a hero or lord. That would really give the HE something to brag about. He has that special dispell scroll. Removing the raise dead spell from the mind of a vampire lord is worth the look on you opponents face. Of course him rolling higher than you allows you to look the same way as it is a one shot deal. And he knows every spell therefore he can use all the good ones in one lore. I have thought about putting him with an RBT squad with some defense in front. Give him the lore of heavens with no range limitations.

HE are always outnumbered which is probably why we do not advance to much. See if you can get another RBT and a wareagle to slow your enemy down. Two units of archers i believe is a bit much, try to get a block of spearman.

Here is my daughter's list. She is nine, my only child and spoiled rotten. I am to blame for it.

Teclis
    2nd lvl dragon mage silverwand and another item which gives you mr1 and flame resistance.
    2nd lvl mage seerstaff

core
    17 spearman full command
    17 spearman full command with banner of lion courage
    10 archers upgraded with leather armour

special
    lion chariot
    6 swordmaster standard banner of sorcery, bladelore with item giving magical attacks

Rare
    3RBT
    war eagle

Her record is 6w/4d/7l

Not great but she is learning and having fun. LIfe does not have a reset button and this game does not either.

I am not greatly impressed with the dragon mage but she loves it, therefore it is in her list. She is getting to know magic and casting very well. Shooting is also something she does well.

Feel free to Pm me with how the list does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea with the swordmasters, I am curious though why give the archers the armor save? is the 6+ really worth 10 points? and isnt teclis commonly safer in a phoenix guard unit? considering they have 4+ ward they make the perfect meat shields.

also why a odd number like 17? wouldnt it be better to make either just 15 or 20? for nice even number?

(also love the 3 RBTs and she still managed to get a great eagle, RBTs rule )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

answering your question

To TheLastDeragon

This is my daughter's HE armour. She likes to roll die for armour save no matter how slight the chances are, besides I had ten points left over.

The spearman come 17 with the mage to give a 6 frontage and 3 ranks. I know it is not the best choice but it is the best that we had to work with.

Spearman are what 6 points cheaper per model than the PG. If I could have upgraded one spear unit to a special I would have went with White lions. I am hoping that soon she will be willing to get rid of the dragon. The Sun dragon has only a str two breath weapon. It is really great against some weak units, undead and goblins.

The dragon and mage get a one two punch. The dragon mage throws burning head which only requires one unsaved wound to require a panic test. Then the dragon breathes and only one unsaved wound will require another panic test. Once again this only works against certain weak units. That is all we can do.

Once the mage charges even with the dragon the mage gets targeted and killed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh I see. didnt think on using them in ranks of 6. thanks, though one thing that worries me is that there is a dark elf player who uses shadowblade. he could apper behind teclis and throw stars and kill him or just charge him
    Last edited by TheLastDeragon; February 26th, 2009 at 16:40.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

When you play that particular opponent be sure to put Cardryan or a champion next to Teclis, then challenge with the champion.

If it is a Swordmaster or White lion then I might even give them Gaurdian Phoenix or magic armour to increase their chance of survival from none to slim. Then beat him on combat resolution (you will need to be +5 at least I think).

In saying that Phoenix Gaurd are still better as you could give the Champion Armour of Caledor for a 2+ save followed by a 4+ ward. Your champion stands great chance of surviving then, (Shadow Blade: 3 attacks all hit, 2 wounds should save both), Shadowblade loses combat, outnumbered by fear causers. It seems like a reasonably good bet to me anyway.

On your list, GN raises some very valid points, I would drop a unit of Swordmasters, a couple of Shadow Warriors and the Archers to bulk up the PG and include some spears if I wanted to keep that magic intact.

On the otherhand you could just drop the Ring of Fury mage and a couple of SHadow Warriors and do the same thing.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

general comment

It takes ranks of five to get the look out sir. DE assasins and other things like Empire snipers can kill characters. There is not much you can do about it but stay away from the archers DE or out of range from the sniper. Lore of metals has a spell which allows you to snipe at opponent characters.

I played the Empire with the Emperor and won hugely. Basically Teclis spearman ran from the Emperor and just unloaded on him. Now I had above average rolling with the die, used the dragon as a support unit, correctly and generally made no mistakes with deployment and movement. Have started playing Teclis a little differently also. Throw big spells with lots of die hoping for doubles. The Empire had two dispell scrolls and he still had one wien I killed his last mage.

I was really happy because my previous game that day was against on of the better generals with an undead army. I had a RBT and crew at the end of the game. It was bad and I made mistakes and he did not. Die rolling had some effect as I rolled 4 dispell die and got a nine. But I was totally outplayed and totally forgot about the vamps dance spell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast