right up to the gates of Naggaroth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right up to the gates of Naggaroth

Hey I have benn pondreing a 2nd army for WFB for quite some time this lsit is my latest thought. Please let me know what you think. Another thing to keep in mind is that my current army is a balanced empire force(1 scroll caddie, lots of gun static combat cr) my desire is to build and play something that is very diffrent to this.

Elysian the grim on his griffion

Level2 mage with the antrysliun crystal (-1 power dice for your oppenent +1 disel dice for you)

Level 2 mage with silver wand, dispel scroll, gem of courage

2 units of 14 seafeeares (one with bow and spear) full command, shields

2 units of dragon princes with standard and muscian

2 lion chariots

bolt thrower

What do you think ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Could you make a bit more effort to check your posts before submitting.

That aside, there aren't a lot of details to your list.
    I think that one of the Dragon Prince units should take the Banner of Sorcery this will help give you that little oomph in the magic phase.

Would also give the mage the seerstaff instead of the silverwand, better to pick which 2 spells you want than get 3 spells you don't really need.

I think that I would split the seagaurd up into 20 spears and 10 seagaurd.

I would also like to see a couple of eagles in there to redirect chargers away from your cavalry flanks. and maybe an extra bolt thrower.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sory wasa t work

anyway i posted it at work. okay I thought the seaguard were better because for 3 points i get the ablity to pepper withrange and fight in three ranks. Also I was thinking about the flanks which is why i added the chariots?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think that I understand,

the point with the eagles is that they can be used to take a charge and force overrun/pursuit in a less desirable direction, you really don't want to use a lion chariot for that.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

The grim is fun to play with. You have the dragon princes to support him. I like running two lion chariots, which I could afford three. I had to put Korhil in one. He is our only hero that can ride in one. It gives you a unit str of five therefore you can void rank bonuses if you strike the flank or rear.

Usually you opponent will not accept the charge from two lion chariots unless they are already into combat.

I have to agree with allonairre about the silver wand and the seerstaff. The silverwand I only give to a dragon mage. The banner of sorcery is a must also, just gives you more die to play with.

I do not like the LSG archers and spearman are cheaper and better. That is a personnel choice and I am leaning towards changing my mind about them.

Please keep us updated about how you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garythewargamer View Post
    The grim is fun to play with. You have the dragon princes to support him. I like running two lion chariots, which I could afford three. I had to put Korhil in one. He is our only hero that can ride in one. It gives you a unit str of five therefore you can void rank bonuses if you strike the flank or rear.

Usually you opponent will not accept the charge from two lion chariots unless they are already into combat.

I have to agree with allonairre about the silver wand and the seerstaff. The silverwand I only give to a dragon mage. The banner of sorcery is a must also, just gives you more die to play with.

I do not like the LSG archers and spearman are cheaper and better. That is a personnel choice and I am leaning towards changing my mind about them.

Please keep us updated about how you do.

What am i missing about LSG. they are 12 points apiece and give you both the shooting ability of the archers and the fighting ability of spearmen. When archers get in combat they die also they have no armour so get shot up to and only cost 1 ppoint less. So iwas looking at it like wow for 1 point i get lightarmour and a spear. I thought high Elf epitomized quality over quanity. Another reason forn the LSG was to reinforce the grim taking the fight to nagorath . Revised list pending..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

Please do not get me wrong, I just do not like the LSG. That is a presonnel choice and opinion. You are not missing anything. When I was using them I tended to use them as spearman and I would forget about shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay

yeah if you wer just using them as spearmen thatn you are overpaying by 3 points. Since iw as going to use archers i thought they wer a steal. Since game workshop decided that 5 was a rank as opposed to 4 but did not update their boxes. My 1st purchase was going to be the battlion which comes with 16 spearman and 16 bowmen. so I was going to set up with the full command and 2 spears in the first rank, then for the 2 nd rank all archers and the thrid will be spearmen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised list

Here is my revised 2k list

eltharion the grim ridiing storm wing

Mage Annulian crystal

Mage seer staff, dispell scroll

5 dragon princes standard, muscian

5 dragon princes banner of sorcery, muscian

2 lion chariot of charce

bolt thrower

14 spearmen

14 Lothern Sea Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

I would take the banner of sorcery off of the dragon princes and put it into one of the infantry units. The princes will get into combat and could die. Other than that your list looks okay but is weak in infantry. Keep the chariots around them for protection. please keep us informed about how this works out for you.

+ Reply to Thread