2000pt all comers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

2000pt all comers list

Right well I'm back to dabbling with High elves......

Any thoughts o nthis all comer 2000pt list

1 Arch Mage level 4 'Star Wood Staff' 'Ring Of Fury' 'Dispel Scroll'
    (probably High Magic)

1 Mage level 2 x2 Dispel Scrolls

20 Spear men full command

20 Spear Men full command

20 Sword Masters of Hoeth Full Command + Banner of Sorcery

15 White Lions Full Command

1 Lion Chariot

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers.

"God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love white lions and spears, but I have had trouble with both when they don't have a noble in their ranks. I would probably drop 1 of the spear units and replace it with a unit of 10 archers to find points. One of the scrolls on the lvl 2 could be used to find points as well. I doubt you would need 3 dispel scrolls too often. Also the swordmaster unit is too big. They don't win combat res with ranks, they do it with damage. I would either decrease the unit size or split it into 2 smaller units of 10, but drop the champ from the unit, its too expensive of an upgrade, and move the banner of sorc to the white lions.

So if you can find the points take a noble with armour of caledor and guardian phoenix with a great wep and drop him with the white lions or 1 unit of spears, also with you're 3 RBTs you could make great use out of a great eagle to march block whatever unit you feel like shooting at most. Finally if you have the points take a seerstaff on the lvl 2, picking spells is fantastic when you take high magic and have 3 RBTs....curse of arrow ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

You have nothing to slow you opponent down, march blocking. RBTs can be effective against destroying warmachine crews providing you get mulitiply shoots at them. I run a big block of white lions and two smaller blocks of swordmasters. One I give a banner to allowing them to ignore terrain and the other has a bladelord with the amulet of light. With good placement they work sometimes. But your list looks okay and should do alright against most opponents.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Thanks for the comments guys. Certainly thinking about taking a noble.

I know tactically the swordmasters might work better being smaller but I have to confess I just like the background and the models.

The army is something of a Sapphery List (mages and Sword Masters).

Certainly thinking about taking a noble, perhaps replacing the Lion Chariot?

If I went for this I would go for White Sword and Talisman of Loec to be somehting of a dark horse giant killer as well as being a Sword Master Captain.

Do you think the lack of cavelry will be a problem?
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Ah Mr Q, I have been expecting you, and your P.S.M. (Pat Sharp Mullet).....

And now my particular brand of crazy is out of the way, I will comment on the list.

Personally, I love the idea of one large block of swordmasters, but I would have them 18 large personally, as that allows you a 6 strong frontage, increasing attack potential and not really losing you much, apart from the extra rank, which is unlikely to be there by the time combat comes about anyway.

Again, I like that plan when it comes to the spearmen as well. I like units of 18, and have found them effective anvils, especially when supported by a noble. I do believe that one will serve you better than 2, particularily if you get a unit of 10 archers instead of the 2nd unit of 20 spearmen.

I also believe that the 3 Bolt throwers is overkill, and 2 great eagles will serve you better in the long run, particularily in saving you from warmachine fire on that beloved swordmaster unit.

With the modifications I have stated, you should have around 140pts to spend. I would spend these on a leader for the spearmen. A noble with the BSB upgrade, a great weapon and the armour of caledor. This little guy will give your spearmen a killing bonus, as well as giving the centre a more solid look.

I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread