2000 point High Elves Force (any adivce welcomed) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point High Elves Force (any adivce welcomed)

Here's my first attempt at a High Elves force. I will usually be using them against Vampire Counts, A mainly Goblin Green-skin force lead by Grimgor Ironhide and a Great-Sword heavy Empire Army.

My basic tactic is to have the army split in half, so a Noble, a Spearman Unit, A Sword Master unit, a Shadow Warrior unit a Repeating Bolt Thrower with an independent Dragon Mage. Basically, The 2 Spearman units will march forward with the 2 Sword Master units and charge into any threatening units (spearmen going into the front and the Sword Masters going into the flank). The Shadow Warriors will be taking out any ballistic troops and War Machines in the Goblin army or Empire Army or be shooting down undead units from behind when I play against Vampires. The Repeating Bolt Throwers will take down potential threats to the rest of the force. The Dragon Mage will burn anything that stands in his way with his Sun Dragon and Fire Magic. I might use him in combat as well because having Flaming Sword of Rhuin as his basic spell will be great when tied with the brute force of the Sun Dragon.

Ok, enough about tactics and onto the list:

Heroes Choice: Dragon Mage. Level-2 Magic User. 385 points.
    Heroes Choice: Noble (Sword Masters). Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Longbow. 97 points.
    Heroes Choice: Noble (Sword Masters). Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Longbow. 97 points.

Core Choice: 20 Spearmen. Full Command Group. 205 points.

Special Choice: 14 Sword Masters. Full Command Group. 240 points.
    Special Choice: 10 Shadow Warriors.
    Special Choice: 10 Shadow Warriors.

Rare Choice: 1 Repeating Bolt Thrower.
    Rare Choice: 1 Repeating Bolt Thrower.

You are very welcome to share any advice you have about army list improvements or tactic improvements. I am an experienced WFB player and do not mind any creative criticism. I like the look of the whole High Elf Citadel Miniature Range and am willing to spend any amount of time and money to get a good army list. Thank You.

On another topic, I am finding it hard to make a fitting colour scheme for my High Elves, if you have any advice on that as well i would be very grateful.

Last edited by gingerninja; May 7th, 2009 at 11:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

first of all, your dragon mage will most likely die as soon as it sees CC, and without further protection (guardian phoenix) possibly not even the end of the first turn.

furthermore do you have an army that cannot win from a missile heavy army, because your Shadow warriors most likely wont break a unit a turn, and your best saves are all just 5+.

i would like to see a mage in both sides of the army instead of a noble, so you could use shield of saphery, and drain magic to give a nice ward save, and mess up the other magic phase. Partially is this is just me, as i think a HE army should always contain a real mage. not just a runt on a dragon (as in the fluff). best way to make some points free for additional mages is of course leaving the dragon at home, but becase it is a dragon, and dragons are cool, i would swap the nobles for 2 Lv 2 mages with HM, wile leaving the dragon mage Lv1 and give him fireball.

PS. it is not allowed to list the points of units with no additional equipment.. (like the RBT's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked through that list and i have found that it is useless in nearly every area lol. This is going to be my new, revised list with the advise from above firmly grasped in both hands, probably still rubbish though.... Here goes:

Heroes Choice: Noble. Barded Elven Steed, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield. 111 points.
    Heroes Choice: Mage. Level-2, 2 Dispel Scrolls. 175 points
    Core Choice: 12 Archers. Light Armour. 144 points.
    Core Choice: 12 Archers. Light Armour. 144 points.

Special Choice: 15 Sword Masters. Full Command Group. 250 points.
    Special Choice: 15 Sword Masters. Full Command Group. 250 points.
    Special Choice: 9 Dragon Princes. Full Command Group. 320 points.
    Special Choice: 5 Shadow Warriors.
    Special Choice: 5 Shadow Warriors.

Rare Choice: Repeating Bolt Thrower.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

think this is a lot more solid. few things tough:

i would never give my archers a light armour uprgrade: if they see CC they will die anyway
    you could use the points for extra shadow warriors for instance

i like the addittion of the dragon princes, but i think i would run them without command (saving 50 points!!!) and split them into two, making 2 great flanking units of US10

and last but not least: what tactics are you planning?? what do you want to do with your mage, and where will you protect him??

good luck!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a different list that i might use instead, its more magically orientated so i can stop hordes of zombies from coming out of the ground!

Lords Choice (join Sword Masters): Archmage. Level-4, Folariath's Robes, 1 Dispel Scroll. 305 points.

Heroes Choice: Mage. Level-2, 2 Dispel Scrolls. 180 points.
    Heroes Choice (Join Spear-Elves): Noble. Heavy Armour, Shield, Spear. 93 points.

Core Choice: 25 Spear-elves. Full Command Group, Warbanner. 275 points
    Core Choice: 10 Archers.

Special Choice: 15 Phoenix Guard. Full Command Group. 255 points.
    Special Choice: 15 Sword Masters. Full Command Group. 255 points.
    Special Choice: Tiranoc Chariot.

+ Reply to Thread