2250pt Tournament List - Archmage on a Moon Dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    New Zealand
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

10 (x1)

2250pt Tournament List - Archmage on a Moon Dragon

After my first WHFB tournament over the weekend my thoughts returned to how best to use my Dragon Mage, and it occured it me, why not an Archmage on a Moon Dragon

Archmage Lvl 4
    - Vambraces of Defence, Seerstaff, Sword of Might, Moon Dragon

- Helm of Fortune, Dragon Armour, Shield, Gem of Courage, GW

- Armour of Caledor, Amulet of Light, GW, BSB

Archers x10

Spears x24
    - FC, Lion Banner

Phoenix Guard x17
    - FC, Banner of Sorcery

Swordmasters x7

Swordmasters x7

Reavers x5

Reavers x5

My Current Armies
    Dwarfs 7000pts, HE 3500pts, VC 2500pts, Menoth 2500pts
    See them at Stumpy Heaven

2. Remove Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Hello Kiwi,

Well, this is certainly an interesting list. I have a few reservations though. They are as follows:

1) An Archmage on a dragon is problematic. It makes him a target for close combat, which he is ill suited for. At least with the dragon mage you can up his combat potential. You could do this with the archmage too, depending on lore, but it appears you want to use him as a caster.

2) Even considering the mage being kept on the dragon, you have a lot of points wasted on him. The Vambraces are a waste of points as it is only a slightly better save than the guardian phoenix. I would exchange these items. I would also drop the seerstaff for a silver wand, as it gives him 5 out of the 6 spells for 20 less points. I would then give him a dispel scroll and the ring of fury instead of the sword of might.

3) With these changes implemented you should have a few points spare for changing a unit of reavers for 2 great eagles.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread