2250 p Teclis army (First army ever) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 p Teclis army (First army ever)

Teclis
    Mage 1 (Power stone,Seerstaff)
    Mage 2 (Dispell scroll,Jewel of the dusk) (running solo)

15 Spearmen (Standard Bearer)
    9 Sword master (Standard bearer,Baldelord) Mage 1 goes here
    9 Phoenix guards (Keeper,Standard,Magic Banner(Banner of sorcery) Teclis goes here
    5 Dragon princes (Master,Standard) (Master has The Skeinsliver)
    8 Silver helms (High helm,Standard)
    10 Archers
    10 Archers
    1 Tiranoc Chariot
    1 Eagle
    1 Repeater bolt thrower

Any thoughts on that?

What magic should i go for?

Last edited by ugglan; May 22nd, 2009 at 10:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heya

Not a bad start. I often play teclis, this sort of list:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ayday-fun.html (2250 Vs Dark Elves for Mayday Fun)

Main things, its usual to take the minimum two core choices as special choices are generally better value for points. Also unless you'd rather not for fluff reasons, proxy silver helms as dragon princes.

What sort of tactics are you after? My standard with the army linked to is: sit back, magic and shoot, then charge remnants with cavalry. Or if it's a gunline the cav attacks via flank or forest.

For your list, I'd be tempted by more RBTs and swapping those speamen for more phoenix guard. The PG aren't going to win combats by killng, they'll win by surviving and static combat resolution so they need more numbers!

In terms of mages, seerstaff is better used on a level 2. Level 1s can only use 2 dice to cast so are very limited in terms of what spells they can actually cast.

My opinion again, with Teclis using all the dice and irresistabling a lot, the enemy can save their dispel dice and scrolls for any other casters, so if you're worried about enemy magic take a lvl 1 mage with 2 dispel scrolls and leave the other two out. The points from one of them could be used for my favourite, the reaver bow noble - 139pts, greatweapon, dragon armour and reaver bow, 3 S5 shots at BS6 and 3 S6 ASF attacks at WS6, good teclis defender!

For lores, I generally take metal on teclis, to take out anything with too heavy armour with spell 6 on that list, and then the rest of them are pretty good too.

Anyway generally looks good, definitely playable. Who are you facing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend who im gone face at first is doing a dark elf army.

Both mages is going to be lvl 2 mages.

Was thinking of going with High magic with the one with seerstaf picking fury and flames
    and metal on the other lvl 2 but true might fancy metal with teclis.

Have changed it to this then.

Teclis (Lore of Metal)
    Mage 1 (Power stone,Seerstaff) High magic
    Mage 2 (Dispell scroll,Jewel of the dusk) (running solo)

14 Sword master (Standard bearer,Baldelord) Mage 1 goes here
    14 Phoenix guards (Keeper,Standard,Magic Banner(Banner of sorcery) Teclis goes here
    5 Dragon princes (Master,Standard) (Master has The Skeinsliver)
    8 Silver helms (High helm,Standard)
    10 Archers
    10 Archers
    1 Tiranoc Chariot
    1 Eagle
    1 Repeater bolt thrower

Basic strategy i was thinking of was this.

Eagle=Disrubt/drag any archers on one flank while moveing princes and helms that way.
    Hope to take center with rbt fire and chariot moveing ahead while swords and phoeinx move ahead.
    Archers where i find a good spot for em

Once i get into charge range with swords and phoenix pull chars out and use as support

Was thinking to use lore of shadows on one mage to be abel to pull back teclis/mage once they out of theire units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay see what you're trying to do. With a lvl2 with flames of the phoenix, on 3 dice he's not going to cast it that often, a bit less than half the time. Also your opponent will dispel a lot!

I think maybe 10 Swordmasters 18 phoenix guard. And again I'd say change Silverhelms to dragon princes, they are so much more effective.

Tbh this is mostly window dressing, i think this'll be an effective force, I'd still say drop a mage and a couple of Silver helms [Dragon Princes] for another 2 bolt throwers, but thats me being overly competative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i figured it may get/tried to dispel often. There is my faith in mage 2 (The rescue one) doing dispell and useing the power stone to get it of at first turn on a strong unit. Bad idea/good idea im open to all suggestions before i make my final selection (Still havent bought it all)

+ Reply to Thread