Tourney 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tourney 2250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Tourney 2250

This is what im leaning towards

Noble w Eagle Reaver Bow, Dragon Armour Enchanted Shield 191

Noble w Battle Standard Bearer Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon 143

Mage w LVL 2 Scroll Silver Wand 165

Mage w LVL 2 Scroll and Seerstaff of Saphery 185

Archers x 12

Archers x 12

Spearmen x 20 w Full Command and Warbanner 225

Spearmen x 20 w Full Command 205

Pheonix Guard x14 w Full Command Banner of Sorcery 290

Swordmasters x12 w Bladelord Talisman of Loec 202

Dragon Princes x6

Repeater Bolt Thrower x 2

To tell yas the truth im really clueless as to what to do, im trying to make sure ive got a competitive list

In future, please do not post points costs of individual models or units without upgrades - ninja out

Last edited by gingerninja; June 8th, 2009 at 14:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

This seems like a pretty good first attempt to me. There is a nice ballance of infantry, and some good choices being made, but I would suggest a few minor alterations to the list:

1) Drop one of the archer units down to 10 strong. I would then personally drop the other unit entirely

2) Give the mounted noble (on eagle), a lance. It will allow him stronger attacks on the charge, making it invaluable for flank attacks.

3) Get yourself 2 great eagles in your rare choices to do some more hunting.

4) Get 3 more Phoenix guard to make that unit 18 strong with the BSB in to give you a very solid centre.

Those are my only minor tweaks. I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look balanced, and a little nice! What other units do you have?

Since your going magic kind of offensive I'd think about having silver wand and ring of fury on the first mage. If you do have other units I'd drop the core to the minimum, 10 archers and 25 Spears with the Warbanner, then get a few more offensive units.

Not sure about having your general flying around on an eagle. I'd rather have him sitting in the phoenix guard or spears providing firepower and attacks.

Also I'd be tempted to try and get the great combo that is: 6 DPs command, lion banner, BSB with Battle banner lance etc . With 2 +D6 combat res, 3 S6 attacks, 13 S5, 7 S3, seriously dents opposition units, also champion can take challenges for the BSB, and carry AOL or TOL or Skiensliver. Possibly can swap lion for ellyrion banner, I prefer that one on a second unit of 7 DPs no champion.

Definitely agree on filling up the rare slots with Eagles, I usually run 1 eagle 3 RBT in defense and 2 Rbt 2 eagles for offense / expecting gun lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Battle Banner on DP's is just asking for my comp to take a crotch hit, its one of the high elf things thats shunned on in comp tournies

And with the units im trying to keep each individual units cost pretty low so i can prevent myself losing much points when i fluff my psych tests like i do
    Last edited by Mirage.; June 8th, 2009 at 21:22.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Noble w Eagle Reaver Bow, Dragon Armour Enchanted Shield 191 this chicken-rider seems like he'd get shot or magicked off his bird too easily, but I guess he's worth a try. Definately want to get a lance so you can take on knights and chariots and such.

Noble w Battle Standard Bearer Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon 143 I like the guardian phoenix since there are way too many str6-7 attacks and KB out there

Mage w LVL 2 Scroll Silver Wand 165 if you're playing against magic heavy armies, the lvl2's probably won't do much, especially without 1-2 of the bound rings you might be better off going all defense point-wise

Mage w LVL 2 Scroll and Seerstaff of Saphery 185

Archers x 12 try 10

Archers x 12 try 10

Spearmen x 20 w Full Command and Warbanner 225

Spearmen x 20 w Full Command 205

Pheonix Guard x14 w Full Command Banner of Sorcery 290 seems small, These guys won't kill a thing, so having ranks and numbers usually helps keep them from running.

Swordmasters x12 w Bladelord Talisman of Loec you realize that this will kill your champion. I'm not sure it's worth it since you'll be hitting most things except characters on 3's anyway. Most characters will have armor that will keep them from dying to your champ.

Dragon Princes x6 these guys tend to do better with the warbanner. It lets them break units on the charge if you roll well.

Repeater Bolt Thrower x 2 I'd get at least 1 great eagle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Firstly, i dont see why everyone believes that 2 level 2's dont work well, its my most common mage build for HE and it always works well, the fact that they have so few spells means i can focus cast with each of them. And there hasnt been a game where they havent worked well (other than ones were i fail a psychology)

Dragon Princes i always fluff rolls with so thats why i minimized what they take

I prefer not using another Eagle because ive got one with my character i dont need another ive got a strong enouh base to be able to hold the enemy

Yes i realise the Blademaster will die its basically in one of those combats that has a character in it or is a must win

Im running the pheonix guard 7 by 2 for a change because other wise they become a point sink, against the people i play they a point sink is very bad (the people i play are mostly really good)

The idea with the first noble is to use him wisely in other words send him on a flank and avoid things that will do alot of damage from afar

The 2nd noble wont be getting into combat with big characters like that because generally if someone has a character like that ill just snipe him

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Firstly, i dont see why everyone believes that 2 level 2's dont work well, its my most common mage build for HE and it always works well, the fact that they have so few spells means i can focus cast with each of them. And there hasnt been a game where they havent worked well (other than ones were i fail a psychology)

I agree with both arguments, but I think that the silverwand is a bit of a waste here and Jewel of dusk is probably more suitable.

Dragon Princes i always fluff rolls with so thats why i minimized what they take
    Me too

I prefer not using another Eagle because ive got one with my character i dont need another ive got a strong enouh base to be able to hold the enemy
    I disagree here, You want to flank with your Dragon Princes ideally and hunt with your noble, against more than 1 warmachine you are in trouble and Warmachines normally come in pairs.

Yes i realise the Blademaster will die its basically in one of those combats that has a character in it or is a must win
    Amulet of Light needs to be in the list somewhere IMO and would be more useful than the talisman.

Im running the pheonix guard 7 by 2 for a change because other wise they become a point sink, against the people i play they a point sink is very bad (the people i play are mostly really good)
    I would run White Lions with the BSB in this role instead of Phoenix Gaurd, there is a good reason people recommend taking alot of PG, I can't see it being that successful.

The idea with the first noble is to use him wisely in other words send him on a flank and avoid things that will do alot of damage from afar

The 2nd noble wont be getting into combat with big characters like that because generally if someone has a character like that ill just snipe him
    With what? you have no cannons or the like, your hunter has no lance or dragon. How do you intend on sniping a nasty lord, If you are worried about Pendant of Khaleth, Lance isn't magical so you don't have to use it in that combat.
    My only real problem with the list is the lack of a lance for the first noble and I would really like to see an extra eagle to support your mounted noble, How will you fight against a dwarf army with an organ gun? You have nothing that I would be prepared to move within 24" to take it out, I always use 2 units one dies the other kills the organ gun (hopefully).

That and 2x7 Phoenix Gaurd, that is just silly 3x5 or White lions here definitely.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Ok now to reply to Allonaire

The reason i havent added Jewel of Dusk is because im still tossing Ring of Fury in the air (as in my considering it) and with it i wont have enough points

I only have one eagle and a second for me seems pointless because of the people i play here in Christhchurch generally just disable them straight off

Im still considering splitting the Swordmasters back into units of 2 thats why im not sure whats gonna happen there at the moment

Unfortunately i dont have any White Lions and i also fluff my psychology alot, thats why i have the Pheonix Guard (that and i really like the model) because theyre ld9 and cause fear meaning terror causers cant do anything without charging, im still considering making them the original size i had them or adding 1 more on that to make 17

When i refer to sniping im basically saying if someone has a big nuisance like that ill just cast spells against him that will effectively kill him, so Lore of Metal, or if someone has a really annoying mounted Character ill just beast cowers him

Organ guns are little worry, ive got 2 RBT and if you saw my game against the dwarf player at Southcon youll see i can deal with them

And youve got to remember that i can have my Pheonix Guard as either 7x2 or 5x3 as i have a character in there and like i said above i fluff my Psych tests alot meaning that the lower can be better, cost me my first game at southcon

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It's funny how luck goes for different people, I never shoot Warmachines with Bolt Throwers for the same reason that you don't kit out Dragon Princes, it never works for me. I can throw 2 bolt throwers and both units of archers and the reaver bow at the organ gun and come up with a wound maybe 2 if I am lucky. I get the probability and all that but for me, it doesn't work.

Ring of Fury, Silver wand is a totally different suggestion to Scroll, Silver Wand, I do think that you need 2 scrolls but it might be ok, 4 dice and 1 scroll seems very light on defense with a slowish army though.

I get that people shoot and disable eagles quickly they have too, but that is 50 pts whereas that same shooting at your swordmasters (combined with bad psychology rolls) is potentially devastating. This is a luck thing as well, my eagles seem to be charmed in so much as they have mastered the jink or something and don't seem to be hit enough by small arms fire to kill them and who shoots a cannon or Template etc at an eagle. Also Eagles work best in pairs I think, or with reavers or something else fast just like chariots.

Good luck anyway.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread