Vanquisher_Dud HE 2000 pt Project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanquisher_Dud HE 2000 pt Project

Greetings All, I have returned...

Here is a fairly decent list, intelligent criticism appreciated... 2000 pts

Prince, Armour of Caledor, Vambraces of Defence, Lance
    *Star Dragon

Korhil (Goes with P.Gaurd)

Mage 2 Dispell Scrolls

10X Lothern Seagaurd
    10X Lothern Seagaurd
    *These do take a bit more pts but they are more effective RBT babysitters, when enemy gets close, reform into ranks of 5...

6X Dragon Princes, Standard Bearer, Banner of Ellyrion

16X P.Gaurd Std Bearer, Warbanner (Anvil Unit for DPs, SMs or Dragon)

9X S.Masters (Simply a Flanking unit, protect with woods etc and hide...)

2X Repeater Bolt Throwers

1X Eagle (I know you should run these in pairs, and I usually do... However... I know how to manage one fairly well... But I would rather have 2)...

This comes to a total of 1998 if my calculations are correct, I would like advice on my PG and Korhil, I am thinking about limiting the P.Gaurd further and switching Korhil for a BSB with a GW for more combat res, However Korhil gives them stubborn (which works for the anvil) Can anyone see how to shrink it to accomadate another eagle possibly?

Regards,

-Vanquisher_Dud-
    -1st Army-High Elves 81/11/9
    -Second Army-Lizardmen 6/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing? Hmmm yea I can see why I left XD

Lataz = )
    -Vanquisher_Dud-
    -1st Army-High Elves 81/11/9
    -Second Army-Lizardmen 6/0/0

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That's a tad harsh.

I guess if you really want to fit in the 2nd eagle then you could drop a dragon Prince and a Swordmaster, or drop a couple of swordmasters and make the Seagaurd Archers.

It is a pretty hard list though, I can imagine it would do reasonably well with only the one eagle, Dragon Princes Star Dragon can fill the warmachine hunting role if you are desperate.

I would have though that the list may have had room for an extra anvil if anything, maybe making the SM into WL, just for the extra staying power or getting a spear block. I think that it will do very well as is though with the SM supporting the Phoenix Gaurd and the Dragon supporting the Princes.

As to the other question about Korhil in the PG, that is covered pretty well in another thread, but I think that he is too easy to kill to work well with PG, the character is softer than the unit so should always be targetted. Personally my favouite anvil is White Lions with a mounted (or Armour of Caledor) BSB but that will cost more than Korhil again so maybe not ideal, it isn't as tough to kill as PG but better in combat and doesn't break often if ever.
    Last edited by Allonairre; July 27th, 2009 at 05:22.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread