3000pts tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000pts tourny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000pts tourny

I just want to know what you guys think of my list that I will be using in our club's 3000pt tourny.

Teclis

Tyrion

Mage
    -annulian crystal

Noble
    -battle standard bearer
    -battle banner
    -great weapon, dragon armor, shield

Noble
    -star lance
    -barded steed
    -dragon armour, shield

Spearmen x17
    -full command
    -war banner

Archersx10

Archersx10

Phoenix Guardx15
    -banner of sorcery
    -gem of courage
    -full command

Dragon Princes x8
    -champion, standard bearer
    -banner of ellyrion

White Lions x12
    -full command

Bolt throwers x3

Great eagles x2

My plan is to put Tyrion and the mounted noble with the dragon princes to have a fast hard hitting unit thats able to go almost anywhere because of the ellyrion banner. Teclis will go with the white lions and my battle standard bearer will go with the phoenix guard. This way, the PG will be a rock hard anvil that will be able to win most combats because of the battle standard bearer. I am hoping that I will have enough magic and shooting to whittle down the enemy units before they can reach me. When Im looking at the list, I feel that it is kind of small for a 3000pt battle. I am also not sure about the spearmen, the only reason I took them was to fill up core.

Please let me know what you think about this. The tourny is still a month away so I will be doing some more changes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The list is tiny and at a glance is lacking flankers. If you are intent on keeping both of the twins then these are what I would change.

I think that you would be better to mount your BSB and have the other noble on foot, this should prevent your DP from getting tied down and still add some punch to the PG without a very vulnerable noble to target with close combat attacks.

I would like to see a couple of smaller flanking units of either Swordmasters or White Lions to back up your PG, as well as making the PG slightly larger (20 at least). To make the points I think that the DP can be smaller, I know you want an extra rank in that unit but they are better off being 6 wide so won't get the rank anyway. If you can't see the spears being effective then replace them with Archers, 3 units of archers is alot though.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread