2,250 - Teclis and Shooty - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,250 - Teclis and Shooty

Have a game against DE tomorrow night, and this is my first time using Teclis. My list, so far is:

Teclis

Caradryan

Mage
    L2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury

Mage
    L2, Seerstaff, Gem of Courage

10 Archers (one Mage here)

10 Archers (other Mage here)

5 Shadow Warriors

7 Swordmasters

7 Swordmasters

20 White Lions (Teclis and Caradyran here)
    Full Command, Banner of Sorcery

RBT

RBT

RBT

Great Eagle

2,250pts on the nose.

Two march blocking units, 10+d3+d3 power dice, 6+d3 dispel dice plus the Scroll of Hoeth, 3 RBTs, 25 longbows and a fair number of killy infantry.

This will be my first Dragon Prince-free list, so I wold love any advice on adjustments to the list, or recommended tactics. I fully expect to see a Hydra coming at me, as well as at least one unit of COKs, so I'm sure I'll take Beasts with either Teclis or the Seerstaff mage to ensure I get Beast Cowers. Outside that, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks, LO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this list worked well. My opponent brought a L4 Sorceress on Pegasus, L2 Sorceress, 10 Shades with an assassin, a Hydra, one RBT, a unit of COKs, 10 Harpies, and blocks of Dark Riders, Corsairs, Executioners and XBows.

I took Shadow on Teclis, Beasts on the staff mage, and Metal on the other mage. In the second round, I wiped out his riders with shooting from my Shadow Warriors (broke them and they fled off the table), broke the harpies with Longbow fire, Pit of Shades killed the Hydra and Spirit of the Forge wiped his COKs to the last man. My eagle held up the Sorceress for two rounds, although she got some irresistible Black Horrors off in the cleanup phase that cost me some units.

Won by about 750pts, Solid Victory to the defenders of Ulthuan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations on the win,the list looks interesting,it was more dedicated shooting,unlike most other lists i see here.how did lore of the beasts work out for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey good work on the win.

But how have you found using Caradryan??

I would use instead-
    A noble with a reaver bow,dragon armour and maybe the BSB. Fits in with the whole shooty theme and 3 str 5 shots can be very usefull with his awesome Balistic skill.

Just a thought.
    "As long as there is man, there will be war" Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
    Congratulations on the win,the list looks interesting,it was more dedicated shooting,unlike most other lists i see here.how did lore of the beasts work out for you?
    Beast is great against DEs in my opinion, certainly if you can select your spells (Teclis or staff). Cowers works well against Harpies, Hydras and COKs and chariots, Spear is basically an extra bolt thrower for the Hydra and Knights, and Crow's Feast works well on low toughness troops.

One of the best moments was using Steed of Shadows to fly Caradryan out of Teclis' unit late in the game and slaughtering the sorceress
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by WickySoldier View Post
    Hey good work on the win.

But how have you found using Caradryan??

I would use instead-
    A noble with a reaver bow,dragon armour and maybe the BSB. Fits in with the whole shooty theme and 3 str 5 shots can be very usefull with his awesome Balistic skill.

Just a thought.
    Caradryan is really great. Fantastic MR in a unit, and against the Hydra one on one you know he will get his points back thanks to the wound multiplier, flaming, and the effect up on his death. Basically, he was afraid to go after Teclis thanks to Caradryan being there.

The Noble would have been fine too, but I expected the Hydra and Caradryan was my counter.

+ Reply to Thread