New to High elves 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to High elves 2000pts

Hey, I'm new to high elves/fantasy, I'll be buying my first HE box set soon

Anyway I thought you mite want to take a look at my list.

8 Ellyrian Reavers
    Muscian, ellyrian Standard (if possible, I have the old HE codex), Harbinger

12 Dragon Princes
    Muscian, Lion Standard, drakemaster (biting blade)

Mage
    Loremasters

20 White Lions + special character (mage inside too)

21 swordmasters of Hoeth
    Muscian, Lion Standard, Blade Lord (biting blade)

10 Archers x 3

Repeater Bolt Thrower

I'm probably a few points over, and I'll probably have to drop a few Hoeth swordmasters and dragon princes.

Anyway the list is set-up top to bottom - right to left or left to right. So e.g. the Repeater will take the left flank while the ellyrian reavers take the right.

Also the Hoeth swordsmen and dragon princes will use the white lions to block LOS from Missiles and magic... when the white lions will be charged the following turn the swordmasters/Dragon Princes move out (left or right) to get a straight line counter charge the following turn on the unit that will charge the white lions..

What do you guys and gals think? I'd also like to know what you prefer, dragon princes or silver helms and why?

Last edited by image vertification sux; August 27th, 2009 at 21:28.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I don't know if you used to play a long time ago or not but unit sizes are generally smaller than what you have given.

12 Dragon Princes is very large as most of its combat resolution comes from it sttacks, and the extra points you spend on the back rank are a bit of a waste. The same can be said for the unit of 8 Ellyrion Reavers and the 21 Swordmasters.

Both the Dragon Princes and the Swordmasters should really be split into 2 units, 6 and 6 for DPs and 14 and 7 for the SM's.

Magic items are also unique, so you can only take Biting blade once in the army, and it replaces any mundane Weaponry, ie Your Swordmaster Champion puts down his Greatsword (+2 Strength) in favour of the biting blade (-1 to armour save), a very bad change, "Vauls Edge" would be a cool magic item upgrade for a mundane weapon, giving it an additional -1 to armour save and making it magical for 15 pts or something, but unfortunately it doesn't exist. Ellyrion Reavers can no longer take Magical Banners.

Korhil, the White Lion Special Character is now a hero in his own right and purchased as such. A solitary mage will probably have very little impact on the game, except to help you control the enemy magic phase.

If you don't mind me asking which Army Book do you have, the list looks like it is from 5th edition but that is from a very long time ago.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

ok 2 things:

1 WHFB armies do NOT have a codex, its an ARMYBOOK!
    2 Get yourself a copy of your respective armybook before you do anything else!
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Byjugo View Post
    ok 2 things:

1 WHFB armies do NOT have a codex, its an ARMYBOOK!
    2 Get yourself a copy of your respective armybook before you do anything else!

Chill out man...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Alloniare has covered the points I would as well. TBH you probably haven't got enough of an edge in Leadership - I would get a Noble in tehre somewhere at the very least, in order to get the Ld 9 for the majority of your units.

Korhil would be a good general in this sort of army, but you will probably find yourself getting eaten by big scary monmsters else magicked to death. A couple of scroll caddies is a must at 2000 points.

+ Reply to Thread