Librarium Online Forums banner

New to HE, need help with donated army

477 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hodgdog 
#1 ·
I recently had donated to me a large amount of high elves and I need help making a competitive 2000 point list. I currently have a skaven army and a wood elf army and feel that I am an okay player, but someone I have no business loosing to wiped the floor with me the other day when I used my HE for the first time.

I was wondering if someone could help me make a 2000 point list? Don’t worry about play style or amount of cheese, I just want to have a good list that is competitive against most armies. Here is the list of what I was given:

Tyrion
Teclis
2 Mages on horses
2 mages on foot

60+ Archers
64 Spearmen/Sea Guard

12 Pheonix Guard w/ Command
17 Whaite lions w/ 2 commands
13 Sword Masters w/ command
30 Silver Helms
8 Reavers w/ Command
5 Dragon Princes w/ Command
15 Shadow Warriors
1 Tiranoc Chariot

6 Reaper Bolt Throwers
1 Great Eagle

Thanks for any and all help!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
With your list above you can make a pretty good list @ 2000 pts. I'm gona start it for you.. the list below will leave about 123 pts. It's up to you what to do with them depending on your enemy.. maybe another unit of 7 Swordmasters? or 7 White Lions? Or even another unit of 10 archers? If you really wana piss people off, drop the eagle and take another bolt thrower.

Play test it some. HE are a difficult army to master. High cost+ low toughness = need of tactical mastery. Just feel them out a bit. I got destroyed when I first started playing them.

Also, as a note, the mage build I'm using is very defensive. If you'd rather go a bit more on the offese, I'd switch out the Annulian crystal for Ring of Fury. This list relies on a strong use of Drain magic (use it at the end of your magic phase) and the other mage to have a list to fit the army you are playing. I'd give teclis High magic and the lvl 2 the situational lore. (or High magic too, in case somehow teclis can't pull it off)

Anyway, if you don't like the chariot idea, change it up with Reavers. if you don't like them, use Shadow warriros.

I wish you had a total of 15-20 Phoenix guard. that would have made this list pretty solid instead of using spearmen unit.. not that they aren't good and all, but the PG just have so much more staying power. If you can, I'd get another box of PG and use them as your main Anchor of the army and take out the spearmen altogether.

In the list below, the tactic is pretty easy. Use your spearmen to hold the enemy down while your White lions and Swordmasters engage flanks, or tougher targets. use the archers to cover your Bolt throwers, use the Dragon Princes (banner of ellyrion so they can charge from cover and or thru difficult terrain!) and Chariot to flank with the other units. Teclis can take high magic for Drain Magic and to protect your units, or use another lore to blast away at enemies (this greatly depends on your enemy tho..) Put your mages in safe places either in your white lions to protect from being shot up as they are quite squishy or maybe even in the archers unit. Volley as much out of the bolt throwers as soon as you can to soften up your enemies advance and hit them as hard as you can when they are in range. Use the eagle to terrorize war machine crews or march block.

Deployment is key for high elves and you want the first turn (thus the skeinsilver) to start shotting your throwers like a madman. The earlier you can start shooting the less you'll have to worry about and you can get your protective spells in place before the enemy shoots at you. make sure to pick wise targets with your throwers. S6 is great and all, but sometimes those 6 str 4 shots are ace.

1 Teclis, High Loremaster of the White Tower (General)
1 Moon Staff of Lileath
1 Scroll of Hoeth
1 Sword of Teclis
1 War Crown of Saphery

1 Mage (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Dispel Scroll
1 The Seerstaff of Saphery

20 Spearmen (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Lion Standard

10 Archers (Hand Weapon; Longbow)

7 Sword Masters of Hoeth (Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)

7 White Lions of Chrace (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Stubborn)

1 Tiranoc Chariot (Chariot)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear)
2 Elven Steed

4 Dragon Princes of Caledor (Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
1 Drakemaster (Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
1 The Skeinsliver
1 Banner of Ellyrion
5 Elven Steed

1 Great Eagle (Flyer)

3x Repeater Bolt Thrower (Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Total Roster Cost with list above = 1877 (with 20 phoenix guard full command) = 1975

#3 ·
Scorpio's list is pretty solid tbh :) however I think the second mage is not needed, Teclis is a magic phase by himself. I'd just like to warn you that Teclis is considered one of the most powerful and cheesy non-monster characters in the game, your opponenents might not thank you for taking him but it's quite fun :D. I'd also boost the WL size a bit, to 12 or so.

As scorpio said you could really use more PG and some more eagles would be good aswell. You should also convert, or if thats not your thing proxy, your SH as DP because SH are not very good :(

BTW scorpio you don't need to tell us that your archers have longbows ect., we already know that :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.