<3000 2500 Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 Tournament

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Tournament

Entering a special rules tournament, 2500 points, 1 scroll and 1 extra core required. I am going to win, not for comp. I am allowed special scrolls as well is a regular one.

Lord
    Teclis

Hero
    Mage, lvl 2, Dispel Scroll, Seerstaff
    Mage, lvl 2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury
    Noble, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon, Battle Standard

Core
    10 X Archers
    10 X Archers
    20 X Spear Elves, Full Command, Warbanner

Special
    20 X Phoenix Guard, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery, Skeinsliver
    12 X White Lions, Full Command, Lion Standard

Rare
    4 X Bolt Throwers

With the 4 bolt throwers and the skeinsliver, and all that pretty magic, its obvious what my intents are. I don't normally take an extra mage when I use Teclis, but with these special rules I think it is the perfect opportunity to load up on magic. Debating swapping the White Lions for Sword Masters to mix it up, but I think the Lions would be best because they are more durable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list its fairly similar to the kind of lists I like to field. I dont think I would bother with the spears and id just take another archer unit if you got the models I am not a fan of HE core in competitive environments I think they are overpriced for what they do but if your forced to take 3 core id rather take 3x 10 archers. With the spare points id probably take some more white lions or chariot, I think you would also benefit more by splitting up your lions into MSU. As far as swordmasters go id say if you are playing against more cavalry heavy lists id keep the lions since they rip through most armor, and although I like the idea of HE gunlines there is always someone that can do it better for cheaper so if you think your going up against dwarfs or a empire gunline id leave the swordmasters at home too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i wanna take archers, plain and simply don't have the models haha...I should get them for when I play 3000 point games, but im not used to needing more than 2 core. I kinda like the idea of the spears though because it is a gun line, good way to protect bolt throwers, line em up 6 wide should scare some people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont get me wrong I love spears, I just always find myself getting other/better things in the special slots. Whenever I played teclis I never really found much use for the other mages (lvl 2's). 90% of the time I always got the irresistable force off so my opponent kept all of his dispel dice for the other mages making it hard for them to get their spells off. His staff combined with banner of sorcery made it so I really didnt need any other mages, he would have 8-12 PD (good chance of getting 2 spells off with irresistable) and 5-7 DD plus his special scroll and the +1 from our magic not to mention against magic heavy opponents youd have drain magic for some backup. I think a reall sick combination for heros (depending how competitive your LGS plays) is teclis, korhil, caradryan and the bsb noble with GW in a unit of PG is extremely nasty. Then when you hit the 3k mark you can use teclis and a archmage with the book for twice the irresistable goodness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my list a bit, picked up some more archers, and added swordmasters

Lord
    Teclis

Hero
    Mage, lvl 2, Dispel Scroll, Seerstaff
    Mage, lvl 2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury
    Noble, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon, Battle Standard

Core
    10 X Archers
    10 X Archers
    10 X Archers

Special
    19 X Phoenix Guard, Champ, Banner, Banner of Sorcery, Skeinsliver
    12 X White Lions, Champ, Banner, Lion Standard
    12 X Swordmasters

Rare
    4 X Bolt Throwers

Gives me another archer unit, and a unit im not so scared to throw into combat with the swordmasters...though they scare the crap outa me in the shooting phase. Was thinking of dropping the level off the ring of fury mage so I can give a standard and banner of elyrion to the swordmasters so I can sit them in cover...thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread