<1000 1000 pt magic heavy (critique this to death!!!!!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt magic heavy (critique this to death!!!!!)

So i'm brand new to High Elves, so i'll be proxying an army to play my brother, just to get a feel for the army. Im willing to change everything, (I mean everything) because I want a super solid list, so when I do buy my pieces, I can get exactly what I need.So here it goes:

Mage = 165
    - Lvl 2 (lore?)
    - Seerstaff of Saphery

Mage = 145 (lore?)
    - Lvl 2
    - Silver Wand

14x Spearmen = 131 pts (mage here?)
    - Standard Bearer
    - Musician

13x Phoenix Guard = 257 pts (mage here?)
    - Standard
    - Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot

Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Please critique this thing to death and back Thanks

Last edited by dandaman; March 16th, 2010 at 22:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing you should check is I'm pretty sure that other than single use items like scrolls you can only carry one arcane item, so you would want to choose between the jewel and the wand. Personally, I prefer the wand because it's useful but cheaper. Check on that in the 7th edition rulebook though. The banner of Sorcery is rapidly becoming my favorite banner, so good choice there.

Also, I think you should dump the chariot and get some more regular units. I think that you would find a small unit of Silver Helms to be much better at defending your mages while still dishing out some damage. Chariots are good for their impact hits and hitting power but I feel like they are bad at stopping power.

Good choice with the eagle. I'm still learning about marchblocking but if you're playing defensively with your mages then it would seem to me that you almost certainly want to marchblock with that eagle.

Lores: Give at least one the high lore. Your lack of dispel scrolls means you _need_ drain magic. Other than that, really go over all the lores so that you have some idea of what is good for each situation. So far all I know is that Metal might be good versus dwarves.
    Last edited by VenDraciese; March 17th, 2010 at 00:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great list so far.. but again, as Ven said I'd definitely rid of that lion chariot especially at lower points games where every model counts. With the points of that chariot, you could potentially add an entire unit of x7 Swordmasters or White lions and take your Phoenix Guard up to 15 strong each for rank bonus and still have a few points to play with.

-or- a unit of Dragon Princes or Silver Helms.

But don't take our advice right away if you like your chariot. Play it that way and see if you like it. If not, come back and do some of these changes =)
    Last edited by scorpio7777; March 17th, 2010 at 16:12.

+ Reply to Thread