<3000 2250 non cheese army V grimgors orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 non cheese army V grimgors orcs

Characters 733 points

Prince
    Great Weapon
    Armour of Caledor
    Bow of the SeaFarer

Noble BSB
    Heavy Armour
    Great Weapon
    Talisman of Saphery (to negate Grimgors ASF axe)

Noble
    Great Eagle
    Heavy Armour
    Lance
    Reaver Bow
    Enchanted Shield

Mage Lvl 1
    2 Dispel Scrolls

Core 545 points

10 archers
    musician

20 spearmen
    full command
    War banner

20 spearmen
    full command

Special 719 points

18 Phoenix Guard
    Full command
    Standard of Balance (to negate grimgor's unit hatred)
    Lord and BSB go in here.

7 Sword masters
    Blade Lord

7 Sword Masters
    Blade Lord

Lion Chariot

Rare 250 points

Repeater Bolt thrower

Repeater Bolt thrower

Great Eagle

2247 Points in total

I will be fighting an Orc and Goblin army led by Grimgor and his black orc body guard. I was really trying to not take a Prince mounted on star dragon or a Teclis magic heavy list.Trying to avoid anything cheesy. I really like the look of ranked spearelves even if there not that good. Would of idealy liked to have taken another unit of twenty spears but thought the list would be too weak, what do you think? any advice greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

so it seems like yur trynaa take down grimgors unit with yur pheonix guard huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of using standard of balance. I've personally gone against Grimgor and his Immortalz before and I think you'll succeed where I failed for a few reasons, the first being the banner carrier. The second is this; you have apparently gone against Grimgor before. You can recognize him and his unit, you know what he's capable of and you've prepared. I was taken completely by surprise by everything when I fought him.

I only have one complaint against this list: It's fairly apparent even to the mediocre intelligence of the Ladz that there are going to be not one, but two characters being inserted into the phoenix guard. This may already be known by your Waaagh-ing friend, but I tend to try to get my rank bonuses _before_ adding characters. This means that I don't feel obliged to stick my characters with a unit if circumstances change in placement. To this end, I would suggest finding 30 points to complete your unit of phoenix guard.

I admire your desire to avoid cheese. Cheese is not what the game is about. I, too, love the look of ranked spearelves, sometimes fielding as many as thirty just because of how cool they are. I don't think they are even a mistake. They will beat horde units easily when they are on the defensive. Two units of twenty is great. If I had enough models I'd give it a shot myself.

I'm pretty sure you're going to march block with that eagle. Perfect. Slow down the heavy units as much as possible so you have plenty of time to put bolts through 'em. Even with your super phoenix guard, softening up the Immortalz might be well worth your shooting phase. Then again, maybe you should focus on sticking any other black orc units. Up to you.

I like this list a lot, and I wish you luck with it. Make sure you let us know how it went.
    Last edited by VenDraciese; April 6th, 2010 at 19:38. Reason: Fixed size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. Yeah two characters in with the phoenix guard. My idea is to weather the storm that the phoenix guard is good at taking and do some damage with the lord and noble. From experience i've found the guard don't cause many wounds but can take a beating thanks to the 4+ ward saves. The noble and banner nerf grimgors magic axe and thier unit hatred possibly making them less of a threat.
    Spear elves to hold up units and sword masters to chop up loads of green skins. The chariot to counter charge, hopefully in the flank. The bolt throwers are to wittle down ranks or kill big things like giants obviously. The eagle and noble riding a eagle will march block and take out artillery. that's the plan any way. The mage is just for magic defence really. Will let you know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread