<2000 2250 solid list, need help with final points please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 solid list, need help with final points please

allright, so im playing my first tournament in about a month, this is my list im using so far

prince on star dragon (612 points)
    Great weapon
    AoC
    VoD

noble (191 points)<<<< goes with dragon princes
    Lance
    dragon armor
    barded elven steed
    battle banner(+ d6 combat res)

2x 10 archers ( 220 points)

5x dragon princes (180 points)
    champion
    musician

20 phoenix guard (350 points)
    champion
    musician
    standard bearer
    war banner

14 white lions (228 points)
    champion
    musician

3x bolt throwers (300 points)

1 great eagle (50 points)

so heres the dellema, as it is I could fit in a unit of 6 reavers with a musician and it would be 2250 exactally, or i could trade a bolt thrower for a great eagle and get rid of a couple more points for and additional 5 dragon princes with full command, or possibly just go with shadow warriors, or a unit for sword masters, i dont know though and i need help because its driving me nuts, thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s sorry for the bad spelling I am in a hurry

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think that before you get any of those things you must invest in some magic defense in the way of a L1 mage with 2 scrolls. Without this you risk getting decimated in turn 1 or turn 2 before you can actually charge

Heaps of spells can cripple you in a turn, a list of example
    Gateway or Fury of the Forge - on your Dragon or Dragon Princes could easily kill them outright
    Black horror could wipe out your Dragon Pinces or White Lions with one cast
    Beast Cowers on your Dragon would be a bit of a tragedy
    Not ot mention all of the low casting cost magic missiles that could be hurtling your way

Since you have a mostly infantry army I would bank on 2 turns of magic to have to defend, if you are lucky you will be able to kill a mage early with your dragon but it isn't gauranteed, certainly not gauranteed that you will get rid of any archmage in turn 2.

So my advice, scroll caddy, 140 pts, too hopefully, leave you with an army after the enemy magic phase.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah I was thinking about doing that, were would you reccomend putting the mage? either the phoenix guard or the archers probably hey

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Depending on the enemy but normally the archers, range isn't going to be an issue for him
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool thanks, anybody else have any suggestions for this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its good to include the banner of elyrion with the dragon princes & noble unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I was considering throwing in that banner, hey allonairre are you sure the magic defense is absolutly neccasary, I play against some pretty magic heavy armies in town with out it and I usually do ok. It seams like alot of points just for 2 dispell scrolls, I know that you could stop two potentially devastating spell with it, but I was thinking that if i dropped a bolt thrower for another eagle and took the white lions down to a unit of 10, I could afford another unit of 5 dragon princes, to get the fast manouverable army that I want

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

It is up to you, I personally always take at least a scroll caddy but that doesn't make it the only way to play. I just think it is slightly safer.

It isn't full-proof though, the number of times that the enemy gets their key spell off with irresistable force can be frustrating.

At the end of the day I guess it's a bit like insurance, there is a good chance it will help, but there is definitely a chance that it isn't needed or is wasted. Just up to you whther you want to gamble or not. It frustrates me that I think it is necessary because it is expensive (and useless for us) and cheap (or more effective)for most other armies.

To be honest I think that the White Lions are a bit wasted in this list, I would replace them with a unit of 5 or 6 Dragon Princes with Full Command and Banner of Ellyrion, try and put a banner on the current unit of Dragon Princes as well, just for a bit of extra static res.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

and how about a shield on your BSB? he could use any armour he can get, or he'll get shot by snipers like Empire's Hochland Long Rifle. i just hate that thing
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread