<2000 2000 Points-Dragon Army-For Fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points-Dragon Army-For Fun

I wrote this army list just to have fun with it, i have no real idea how it would work out in a game ^-^

Heros and Lords
    • Archmage: (600Pts)
    Level 4, Moondragon, Jewl of dusk, Amour of caleder
    • Dragon mage: (410pts)
    Level 2, Silver wand, Gem of sunfire

Core:
    • 16 archers
    • 16 archers
    Specials
    • Tiaronoc charriot
    • Tiaronoc charriot
    • Lion Charriot
    • 8 silver helms (224)
    Shields, Command,

Rare
    • Repeater Bolt thrower
    Notes and tatics:

I Would try and get as many combined chargers in the flank of my enermys army with the Charriots and dragons while i stick the Archers and bolth thrower on a hill or some sort of other effective stance.

I get:
    Magic Dice:10 magic dice
    Dispell dice: 5
    No scrolls.

Any Comments, ideas or general thoughts would be appreciated! ^-^
    Edit: i have posted Points on units that have had upgrades given to them.

Last edited by Qorrel; June 3rd, 2010 at 11:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

you should change your archer units, make it 2 units of 10 and spend those points on another chariot, or upgrading your silver helms to a unit of 10.

if you want to keep all of the archers, make it 3 units of 10.. way easier to handle on the battlefield, with more people able to shoot
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My archers are main to fill up my core Choices ^-^. Also heres an updated list!

Lord and Heros
    • Archmage
    Level 4, Moon dragon, jewel of dusk, amour of caledor, Ring of Fury, Ring of Corin
    • Dragon Mage
    Level 2, Silver wand, gem of sunfire, dispell scroll

Core Choices
    • 10 Archers
    • 10 Archers

Special Choices
    • 3 Tiarronic Charriots
    • 1 lion charriot
    • 8 silver helms
    Shields, Command

Rare Choices
    Reapter bolt thower

I wonder what would happen if i where to us this list at a Torniment ^_^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

if you use it in a tournament you will lose... and quickly

btw you cannot give the archmage the armour of caledor, in fact, you cannot give him any armour at all. best you can do is a 4+ ward save by giving him vambraces of defence, but that's just silly. give him the guardian phoenix instead
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list is not legal. Each mage may only carry one arcane item. I would suggest dropping the sunfire gem and ring of corin.

I would use the extra points to upgrade 8 silverhelms to 7 DP and an extra archer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an infantry commander, so I have a hard time seeing how this list will work... but I've always wanted to something like it after I saw some Tomb Kings Chariots running around a tournament. Once you fix the little rules errors with your mages I would try it, though.

I'm not going to give you much more advice on winning. If you always did what everyone told you to do, you would always have the same army. I will tell you what to do to make your army more fun.

1) Banner of Ellyrion: If you were to look at this armies statline (See 7th Edition High Elves Tactica – Introduction for information on army statlines) You would have a great speed (10, definitely) but save for the dragons you have poor flexibility. (I would rate it at maybe a 4.) You can improve that by giving somebody the banner of Ellyrion. It's not much, but it's one more unit that can go through difficult terrain.

2) Story: Your army is very specialized. You could say "Oh, yes, I only did this because I'm cheesy" but you've said you're doing this for fun, so that's not true. Instead, you should have some fluff for why your army is the way it is. Where do they come from? Are they under the command of a certain house? If they are, what are the traits of this house? Is war something they do often, or are they known for something else? Example: My army is based on a tiny little house by the shrine of Asuryan, which is why they always have a group of Phoenix Guard with them. My house is known for its production of dyes. They have a higher birth rate, and they also have a higher death rate because they just can't keep their noses out of the business of other races.

Come up with something like that for your army and you'll come to love it even if you never win a single game.

Good luck with the list! Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread