<1000 1000 Point HE Casual 8th Edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point HE Casual 8th Edition

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster (on this part of the forum heh.) I've got a game coming up today and I've been kicking around an army list for a bit. Wanted to know what you gentlemen thought.

General:
    Noble - 139 pts
    Blade of Sea Gold
    Heavy Armor
    Talisman of Loec

Core:
    Spearelfs - 240 pts
    -Full Command
    -25 guys, 5 ranks of 5.
    -Where the Noble was

Archers - 110 pts
    -10 guys, 2 rows of 5.

Special:
    Phoenix Guard - 225
    -15 guys, at 5x3

Sword Masters - 225
    -15 guys, at 5x3

Rare:
    Great Eagle

My opponent will either be Skaven or Wood Elves. What do you guys think? (NOTE: For this particular battle, my opponent ended up being Skaven, so I did spectacularly well!)

Last edited by rysal; July 16th, 2010 at 14:21. Reason: Updated list
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene. If they had not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mage could be more useful than Caradryan as high elves rely on alot of magic. You could also take the hawkeye and light armor off the archers (if you think of their purpose then armor is a waste) and get a noble for the spearmen or phoenix guard. Looks like you've got 2 blocks and no flanking power with silver helms that could help alot, consider dropping a bolt thrower or reducing the amount of phoenix guard if you decide you want cavalry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this list, but, there is a lack of hitting power. This might not be a problem against some armies but, there is always that Ogre Bull-Spam list that seems to strike whenever you least exspect it . . . Sure, RBTs should handle that at some degree, against Tree-monster wood elves or such, but a mage might help some more, but what to cut to get this is entirely up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never put talisman of loec on a keeper of the flame i thinking its waste to put it on him he is a survival model he should not die for such a waste of killing people. you should change caradryan against a noble and so you should you remove your hawkeye and light armor, remove a reapeter bolt thrower and add a couple of sword masters with a champion and he should have the talisman of loec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when I went to play yesterday, only one post had been made. But it was a big help. I edited the list above to reflect what I played. Also, for some reason, I never read that last part of Talisman of Loec (where you take a wound) so I ended up never using it anyway. Because it sucked too bad, and with the 8th edition rules it was totally pointless.
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene. If they had not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rysal View Post
    So when I went to play yesterday, only one post had been made. But it was a big help. I edited the list above to reflect what I played. Also, for some reason, I never read that last part of Talisman of Loec (where you take a wound) so I ended up never using it anyway. Because it sucked too bad, and with the 8th edition rules it was totally pointless.
    The talsiman of Loec is an interesting one - it certainly helps if your Prince is stuck in combat with a Chaos Lord or some-such uber beast, especially if that said opponent has a higher initiative...

+ Reply to Thread