<3000 8th Edition 2500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th Edition 2500pts

So I have read through the new rulebook and decided to make a 2500pt High Elf list. I tried to get a bit of everything so hopefully it will work reasonably well vs. anyone.

Lords
    Teclis
    Lords Total: ***/625 (Max.)

Heroes
    Mage: Seerstaff of Saphery
    Noble: Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Greatweapon, Battle Standard Bearer, Battle Banner
    Heroes Total: 350/625 (Max.)

Core
    25x Spearmen: Command
    25x Spearmen: Command
    10x Archers: Musician, Hawkeye
    Core Total: 625/625 (Min.)

Special
    9x Dragon Princes: Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Terrifying Mask of Eee!
    20x Swordmasters: Command, Armour of Heroes, Banner of Sorcery
    5x Shadow Warriors
    Special Total: 850/1250 (Max.)

Rare
    2x Repeater Bolt Thrower
    Rare Total: ***/625 (Max.)

Army Total is exactly 2500

I had planned for the BSB to go in the Dragon Prices, Teclis to go in the Swordmasters, and for the Mage to wander into hiding until his spell gets off. Teclis is supposed to take Lore of Life to buff his unit with and hopefully give him T6 once he is in Combat. The lone Mage was going to use his staff to take the level 6 Lore of Beasts Spell and turn himself into something useful... like a Mountain Chimera, as this is probably going to take a while I had decided to give him his max. PD allowance and hope for double 6s, the Banner of Sorcery is to help ensure that there is enough PD left over for Teclis to use.

If you have any suggestions/comments they are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Dunno about effectivness but some questions

- why hawkeye on archers? x points for a bs5 s3 shot?
    - why shadow warriors? is not better some eagles?
    - why swordmasters for banner of sorcery? and not phoenix guard? asking because against warmachines you`ll lose the killy unit bt also you`ll lose teclis ability to have 12 dices every magic phase. and you depend on teclis to do the fightning. remember that teclis is doing D3 PD himself also.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    - why hawkeye on archers? x points for a bs5 s3 shot?
    Fair Question, I mainly did it because I needed exactly 10 core points to make minimum core, secondly... I just like unit Champions. That may not be the best reason (in fact I'm fairly sure it is a terrible one) but I did it all the same.

- why shadow warriors? is not better some eagles?
    I actually really like Shadow Warriors, in previous games they have done a great job, not only at being annoying, but also earning their points back, I even saw 6 take out 2 ogres in combat once. As for the great eagle I cannot say the same. While it is a little annoying, most people just ignore it as to be honest it isn't that much of a threat, a few goblins could kill it (and have) in combat and it never earns it's points back (not in my games anyway)

- why swordmasters for banner of sorcery? and not phoenix guard? asking because against warmachines you`ll lose the killy unit bt also you`ll lose teclis ability to have 12 dices every magic phase. and you depend on teclis to do the fightning. remember that teclis is doing D3 PD himself also.
    While I am sure Phoenix Guard could survive against shooting far longer than Swordmasters, I only had enough points for one of the two units and I'd rather have Swordmasters almost every time, although it is possible to destroy the Swordmasters before they get into combat I doubt it will happen, and in combat even one rank of Swordmasters is better than both ranks from Phoenix Guard. Also with Teclis taking Lore of Life he can resurrect a handful of Swordmasters every turn and even give them bonuses to toughness. Even more so if he gets Throne of Vines off before hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslayer View Post
    Fair Question, I mainly did it because I needed exactly 10 core points to make minimum core, secondly... I just like unit Champions. That may not be the best reason (in fact I'm fairly sure it is a terrible one) but I did it all the same.

I actually really like Shadow Warriors, in previous games they have done a great job, not only at being annoying, but also earning their points back, I even saw 6 take out 2 ogres in combat once. As for the great eagle I cannot say the same. While it is a little annoying, most people just ignore it as to be honest it isn't that much of a threat, a few goblins could kill it (and have) in combat and it never earns it's points back (not in my games anyway)

While I am sure Phoenix Guard could survive against shooting far longer than Swordmasters, I only had enough points for one of the two units and I'd rather have Swordmasters almost every time, although it is possible to destroy the Swordmasters before they get into combat I doubt it will happen, and in combat even one rank of Swordmasters is better than both ranks from Phoenix Guard. Also with Teclis taking Lore of Life he can resurrect a handful of Swordmasters every turn and even give them bonuses to toughness. Even more so if he gets Throne of Vines off before hand.
    Teclis WILL get thrones off as he will ignore the first miscast each turn anyway and if he casts after he gets a 2+ save before the miscast is resolved...obscene combo TBH...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there, not a bad list. First things first you cant have the armour of heroes on your baldelord, he is only allowed to carry 25 pts of magic gear and it costs 30 pts. I looked at the fact that you would like to run phoenix guard with this list. With that in mind i would drop the 5 shadow warriors, drop the BSB back to on foot with a GW and HA and drop the dragon princes back to 5 and loose the terrifying mask of eee, with those changes you'll get a unit of 20 phoenix guard with a full command to protect teclis and drop the BSB in the swordmasters.

I feel that the unit of 10 DP's is a big points sink for what you are getting and terror got really nerfed in 8th ed. I would use them as a flank protector from fast cav and a flank charger later on in the game. I know they wont negate ranks but they will assist the combat like they always did.

+ Reply to Thread