<2000 High Elf - 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elf - 1995pts

Teclis-475 (Lore of Life)

Cahadryan-175

Mage -165 (High Magic)
    Lvl 2
    Seer Staff

Spearmen(20 )-205
    F/C

Spearmen(20 )-205
    F/C

Spearmen(20 )-205
    F/C

Phoenix Gaurd(20 )-365
    F/C
    WarBanner

Bolt Thrower-100

Bolt Thrower-100

1995 Total

Last edited by Venom; August 31st, 2010 at 22:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Teclis with life, works a treat at the mo so can see why you went for it.

Not sure you need a lvl 2 to back him up but as you have him to buffer your units no doubt with shield a very useful hero choice. If you need to save points somewhere maybe come back and drop a lvl if shield is all you want him for.

Personaly i would drop Cahadryan for a bsb. The option to reroll panic and all manner of Ld tests with all your block units will more than make up for the benifit you would get from cahadryan.

As good as striking with all your speamen sounds i would still take bigger units. i would look at dropping a unit and boosting the exsisting units with another 5 men each. Stregnth 3 is still a problem when it comes to killing things so the more attacks you can get the better.

I dont use phoenix guard so not sure how much they will benifit from warbanner but +1 combat res is always usefull.i just hope you take them in 3 ranks 6 wide with the spare 2 sat at the back. in 8th large frontage is good as you always get to attack back so the more you can get in the better.

With some of the spare points you should have i would look at wild card units. Somthing to give you a bit of flexibility to play other than block units sitting and waiting for teclis to win your game. a small unit of shadow warriors, an eagle or two to redirect charges, even a chariot if you have the points just to add some punch to a combat.

Iv had mixed results with BTs. When they hit they are great, when they miss its a very bad day. its just good to see you havent gone mad with lots of bolt throwers.

Hope these observations help a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i would combine 2 squads of 20 spearmen, and give it the lion banner with the points you would save from another full command. i agree with the bsb idea too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By changing the Mage into a lvl 1 bancaddy, reducing the unit strenth of the PG to 18 and changing the 2 units of 20 spearmen into 1 unit of 40 (or a unit of 30 seaguards) you could also take one or two great eagles. Maybe you could also change the PG into Swordmasters.

+ Reply to Thread