Librarium Online Forums banner

2500 pts Friendly Army

<3000 
747 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  The Shadow King 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I'm new to High Elf, and have come up with this list for 2500 pts army, where I will often be against a Skaven army focusing on Horde units, with strong magic and armor ignoring units. the list i'm working on is looking like this atm.

2500 pts:
Lords
Archmage level 4 , Guardien Phoenix, The Seerstaff of Saphery, Sacred Incense 345 pts, (High Magic)

Heroes
Mage level 2, silver wand (lore of life), Talisman of Protection 155
Noble, (BSB) Armor of Protection, Great weapon, 136

Core (625min pts)
24 Sea Guards, Shields, Full command, 362 pts Banner of Arcane Protection, Level 2 mage goes here
20 Sea Guards, Shields, Full command,285 pts

Special 932 pts
19Swordmasters of hoeth, Full command, Talisman of Loec 325 pts Archmage goes here?
19 Phoenix Guards, Full command , Banner of Sorcery 365 pts BSB goes here?
5 Ellyrian reavers , Harbringer, bows, 112 pts
6 Shadow warriors, 96 pts

Rare 200 pts
2 Repeater Bolt Thrower 200 pts
2 Eagles 100 pts

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont see the eagle for the mage. He would be better protected in that pheonix guard unit, or even the LSG unit. You would have to hide him every tun behind something and then not get line of sight for magic missiles. The rest i like, but the shadow warrriors . . . you would be better off with an eagle in my opinion. Also what would your archmage be taking (lore-wise)? As for the 116 points extra on items, the gleaming pennant, potion of speed, talisman of loec and ruby ring are all good choices.

#3 ·
For the BSB I would give him the Phoenix Guardian and change the haleberd into a 2 handed sword.
THe shadow warriors are in my opinion a good choice, but when I play I only use 6 of these guys, without a shadow walker. with these points, and by deleting the eagle of the archmage you could buy 2 eagles.
A musician could also be useful for the reavers in my opinion

#4 ·
Thx for the Comments, I have updated my list with some items, moved a little round with my men, and given my archmage High Magic... I'm still not sure about the BSB's items, will the Armor of protection work for him? it looks good, and I would like to stick with the Halberd, since I will convort him from the Phoenix guard Captain model :)

#5 ·
Although the armour of protection only counts as light armour it has a ws of 4+.
Personnaly I prefer a 2+ save and 5+ ws. WIth the armour of protection you can only get a 5+ save (if not mounted and having a shield). ANd remember , your shield won't work in cc due to the fact that you are using a haleberd.

#6 ·
Hi, nice list I like it but I would recommend a couple of changes (IMHO of course):

Swap the magic lores of your mages, let your archmage have fun with the lore of life, especially with the seerstaff you can pick and choose what you want and let the lvl 2 mage worry about getting a drain magic off. Annulian Crystal equiped somewhere would be handy if the points allowed for it (Drop the 2 magic items that the mage is holding maybe???).

Depending on points I'd drop the Shadow Warriors and the eagles for either more RBT's or 2 Tiranoc Chariots (putting these on the opposite flank to your reavers and running these together hitting the flanks of units). The eagles dont auto force march block and I feel these will just be handing you opponent an easy 100 points of kills.

With your noble using a halberd, you might as well just use a GW for the strength 6 hit as the GW 'ASL' rule will not affect us. I would just be tempted in giving him the Armour of Caledor to keep his points cost down.

Drop the champion out of the reavers and give them spears instead, save a couple of points and if you get them into combat (war machines only please, they wont be able to take on much else) they will have that extra bit of a hit when they do get in there.

As I said these are just my opinions on what you 'could' take. Other then that it looks great, let me know how it runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.