<2000 2000 pt high elf list newcomer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt high elf list newcomer

Just started playing High Elves and i just wanted some feedback on my army list. This is for a 2k point game.

Well here's the list.

Archmage lvl 4
    Book of Hoeth
    Lore of Life
    - 360pts

BSB Noble
    Armour of Caledor
    Great Weapon
    -143pts

25 LSG w/FC
    shields
    - 350pts

20 spears w/FC
    - 205pts

15 Sword Masters w/Bladelord
    - 237pts

18 Phoenix Guard w/FC
    Banner of Arcane Protection
    - 325pts

8 Dragon princes w/Drakemaster
    Sword of Battle
    - 280pts

RBT

Total: 2000/2000 pts

Please rip this list apart if you have to

P.S im also new to LO so if im breaking any policies please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick comment, I find a form of chariot useful for guarding the flanks and assisting other units in flank charging enemies. Unless your getting your models from somewhere else dragonprinces come in bokes of 5, Pheonix guard in 10 and swordmasters in 10 as well. So, you could increase the points and then bulk out the unit sizes then possibly have some more points for a chariot and some more core armies. Finally bolt throwers are very useful as they can target monsters and infantry.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Hello there, welcome to LO!

Not bad at all. You nailed it on the characters, those are really good setups. I run my BSB with a Guardian Phoenix as well, it makes for arguably one of the best combat heroes of the game in my opinion: 3A S6 attacking first rerolling hits (most of the time at least), 2+ AS is awesome on a footed character with no shield (only Empire and Dwarfs can best it I think), but a 5+ WS could come handy if you failed an armour save or get hit at strength 21 for some reason.
    Where are the characters going to be?

On your core, I'm not sure about the numbers. Spears are quite fragile (as everything in our army). I like to field them 6-wide, so to my likings 24 is the minimum at 2k. The LSG are fine, even though as per Spearmen I like 24 (6x4) more than 25 (5x5), as you get to attack with more models. Plus it's cheaper

The Phoenix Guards are fine, good call! The Swordmasters could do well even without a champion and perhaps on two ranks of six models, you'd get to save quite a few points. About DPs: usually players play them in units of 5-6, and with DPs in most cases you should be fine with the killing power alone without the rank (and 8 wouldn't give you a rank anyway). I'd also drop the Sword of Battle: if they didn't change it in 8th, a model with a magic weapon has to use it instead of any mundane weapons it owns, so you'd be S3 on the charge. A musician could be helpful, you could think of swapping the champ for it, or taking the whole command if you fancy. They sure look great!

I'd also really like to see another RBT in here.

Hope it helps,
    LS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i played a game against orcs and the DP weren't as amazing as i would have thought. Though they are still great.

i removed the DP and used the extra points to get another DP and increase my SM to 18 units to go 6 wide. and i gave my BSB the Banner of Sorcery and incense to increase my magic phase output and keep my SM from getting shot down before getting into combat.

+ Reply to Thread