<3000 2500pt Teclis&DMage experiment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

2500pt Teclis&DMage experiment

I thought of this a little while ago, and wondered if it might be possible to build a list around it. The idea is to spam magic quite heavily, while still retaining what I believe to be the "core" of a High Elf army, and also picking up a Dragon.

Teclis (Lore of Life)

L2 Dragon Mage of Caledor w/ Talisman of Preservation
    @ 430
    Noble BSB w/ Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon
    @ 168

24 LSG w/ Banner, Musician, Shields
    @ 327
    @ 327

18 Phoenix Guard w/ FC, Banner of Sorcery, Amulet of Light
    @ 365
    10 Swordmasters
    10 Swordmasters

RBT

2,492/2500
    PD: 2D6+2D3 ~11, plus 2 "reckless" casts ~13
    DD: D6+D3 ~7
    Models: 88 + RBT + Dragon

The idea is that I have my PGs holding the center and guarding the BSB and Teclis, the LSG close in beside them, and the SMs flanking for the LSG. The RBT deploys on an opposite flank, providing good flanking fire and also VP denial or a diversion for an enemy unit.
    With the amount of magic I'll have, I want to "bounce" the dragon around the army, using successful Life casts to restore wounds when necessary. That, and the DMage's 4+ Ward, should make the model more survivable than in past editions.

For an alternative, I could reduce my LSG to basic Spearmen, freeing me up 200pts, to take another RBT and possibly 2 Eagles.

Thoughts?

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    I thought of this a little while ago, and wondered if it might be possible to build a list around it. The idea is to spam magic quite heavily, while still retaining what I believe to be the "core" of a High Elf army, and also picking up a Dragon.

Teclis (Lore of Life)

L2 Dragon Mage of Caledor w/ Talisman of Preservation
    @ 430
    Noble BSB w/ Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon
    @ 168

@ 327
    @ 327

18 Phoenix Guard w/ FC, Banner of Sorcery, Amulet of Light
    @ 365
    10 Swordmasters
    10 Swordmasters

RBT

2,492/2500
    PD: 2D6+2D3 ~11, plus 2 "reckless" casts ~13
    DD: D6+D3 ~7
    Models: 88 + RBT + Dragon

The idea is that I have my PGs holding the center and guarding the BSB and Teclis, the LSG close in beside them, and the SMs flanking for the LSG. The RBT deploys on an opposite flank, providing good flanking fire and also VP denial or a diversion for an enemy unit.
    With the amount of magic I'll have, I want to "bounce" the dragon around the army, using successful Life casts to restore wounds when necessary. That, and the DMage's 4+ Ward, should make the model more survivable than in past editions.

For an alternative, I could reduce my LSG to basic Spearmen, freeing me up 200pts, to take another RBT and possibly 2 Eagles.

Thoughts?
    Looks like a nice list though the cannon is so much bantha fodder unless you hide him, and I assume that with FSoR you want to be using him to buff your combat units?

Also, I was thinking Shadows or Death wuld be great in addition to a Dragon Mage, as you have suggested Shadows has some great spels that can be used in conjunction with FSoR

+ Reply to Thread