Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have a match coming up against wood elves and im searching for some advice of my fellow high elves!
This is the list im having in my head;
Archmage(goes with PG)
(Book of Hoeth is banned in this competition)
Mage(goes with WL)
Noble(goes with the spears)
39x spearmen(horde fomation)
5 Dragon Princes
-Banner of eternal flame
So i don't have seagaurd for the change, thought about giving archers and spearmen a chance
Please tell me what you think about it!Thanks!
Last edited by Mereclar; February 1st, 2011 at 18:58. Reason: Forgot something
Hmm, first I didn't really like this list, but then I saw it from an anti WE perspective and then it's much easier to comment on the list:
* With the changes in 8th edition I don't think the Ring of Fury is really worth it anymore, as you need to use 3 dice to cast it reliably.
* Your second mage can't have both the Seerstaff and a Dispel Scroll, I'd drop the scroll, WE isn't really magic focused.
* I'd drop some Spearmen and buffed the Archers to 20. Give them the Banner of Eternal Flame instead of the WL.
* PG really need to have more ranks, and more models, static CR is their boon.
* I don't think WL are really that necessary against WE, and I think I'd either drop them completely or buffed them on the expense of a chariot or two, or even a RBT.
What lores are you planning to use?
5000p. High Elves
Hey, thanks for the reply
I was wondering which magic items should i give to my archmage then? I'm planning on using the lore of life(archmage) and high magic(mage).
The reason the WL are inthe list is because i think there will be a treeman on the field... I first wanted to use swordmaster but they didn't seem to be very handy against WE because of the low armour.
What would be a good amount of PG for an unit?
Against wood elves, I'd leave Hordes at home. They have a tendency to get stuck in terrain, and TBH they will be steadfast fighting i woods, you will lose your rank bonus and steadfast...
Join the LO army system! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=910
So i've changed my list;
Archmage (Goes with PG)
Mage (Goes with WL)
Noble (Goes with LSG)