<2000 Two 1500p lists, feedback appreciated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two 1500p lists, feedback appreciated

-------------------------------------------------

1499p

--LORDS--

290p - Archmage (Level 4) Lore of Life, Seerstaff of Saphery
    -Earth Blood
    -Flesh to Stone
    -Throne of Vines
    -Regrowth

--HEROES--

168p - Noble(BS w/ Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix

--CORE--

376p - 39x Spearmen (6x7) w/ F/C

--SPECIAL--

85p - 5x Ellyrian Reavers

290p - 18x Phoenix Guard (6x3) w/ Standard, Musician

290p - 18x Phoenix Guard (6x3) w/ Standard, Musician

-------------------------------------------------

1499p

--LORDS--

360p - Archmage (Level 4) Lore of Beasts, Book of Hoeth

--HEROES--

120p - Noble(BS w/ Banner of Eternal Flame

--CORE--

405p - 30x Sea Guard w/ Shields, Standard, Musician

--SPECIAL--

302p - 18x Phoenix Guard (6x3) w/ Champion, Standard, Musician

156p - 10x Sword Masters (5x2) w/ Musician

156p - 10x Sword Masters (5x2) w/ Musician

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You have no rare choices in either list... you should either have RBTs for killing big/armoured stuff, or eagles for taking out war machines. I tend towards the RBTs as they can kill warmachines AND monsters.

Spell-wise, the lore of life is THE lore of choice for HE. It fixes two of our biggest problems - low toughness, and expensive models. LoL lets you make elves T7 and come back from the dead, plus it can absolutely murder low S units. Get a 2nd L2 mage with the silver wand and Lore of Shadows, and you can use Enfeebling Foe with Dwellers to make 5 out of 6 models in a unit die with no saves! Miasma is a good 2nd spell for the shadowmage. Plus every successful LoL spell gets you a wound back on a nearby character...

BSB-wise, you're better off getting him magical protection than a magic banner. The banner will do you no good if you are dead, and the main point of a BSB is to stop you units from running with a single unlucky Ld check.

Reavers, frankly, are a poor choice.

My lists tend towards the following:
    L4 Archmage w/ Book of Hoeth + Lore of Life
    BSB with Armour of Caledor and Guardian Phoenix
    L2 Mage w/ Silver Wand (or Annulian Crystal) + Lore of Shadows
    1 block of LSG using all my core points, with FC + Banner of Arcane Protection
    15+ PG w/ FC + Banner of Sorcery
    As many RBTs as I can get
    Spend the remaining points on SMs or WLs

This gets me some deadly shooting phases, a magic phase that either brings dudes back from the dead, kills the opponent or makes me harder to kill (usually 2 out of the 3 each turn) and if they charge me my LSG stand and shoot and then stab what remains.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally prefer the book of Hoeth for my Archmage, but it's down to the user. I would also recomend learningan extra spell with the silver wand over the seerstaff as it's less points. But then it depends how random you want your luck to be?

I've started to give the banner of battle to my BSB. It's costly, but very effect against larger units. Then I just chuck him into my LSG along side Korhil to make the unit Stubborn. I mean stubborn on LD 9 re rolling fails. You won't be running anytime soon, and that's even if you do lose combat.

I also agree that 1 large unit of LSG is best for the core, although I've never given mine a banner as of yet.

I personally don't like using PG anymore. Sure you get a 4+ wardsave and S4 attacks... But I feel that our special are more for dishing out high damage before dying. 3 units of SM and/or WL (12 a unit). I like 2 units of SM for crunching through or flank enermy units and a unit of WL to stay close to my general/BSB.

I don't use RBT as they do not benifit from the armies I fight against, but yes, taking several of these can give a decent effect.

Also, I find that Dragon Princes are effective, but they are more for a 2k+ army as a unit smaller than 10 will probably get targeted early and destroyed.

I hope this helps and good luck. ^^
    High Elves \ Ogre Kingdoms \ Lizardmen \ Blood Angels \ Dark Angels \ Dark Elves
    W100+/D20+/L100+ \ W17/D0/L2 \ W1/D2/L2 \ W3/D0/L3 \ W7/D2/L9 \ W1/D0/L1

+ Reply to Thread