<3000 4,000 point friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4,000 point friendly

Hi fellow HE's,

I suggested to my friend that we do a 4,000 point battle a few months down the line.
    He will use either Skaven, Dwarfs or Lizardmen.

He is my current list. Please note I may update this on a constant bases and also I don't have my army book to hand so please excuse any points that don't match up (I will correct when at home).

Lord(s) - 556 points

Lv4 Archmage (2nd unit of LSG)
    -Book of Hoeth
    -Lore of life

Prince (Unit of Dragon Princes)
    -GW
    -DA
    -Steed

Hero(s) - 484 points

Korhil (1st unit of LSG)

Caradryan (1st unit of LSG)

Noble (1st unit of LSG)
    -BSB
    -Phoenix ward save thingy
    -DA
    -GW

Core - 1274 points

47 x LSG
    -Shields
    -F/C

50 x LSG
    -F/C

Special - 1270 points (Will probably alter this section and use atleast another 300 points on special.)

11 x Dragon Princes
    -F/C

14 x SwordMasters
    -Bladelord

14 x SwordMasters
    -Bladelord

14 x Whitelions
    -Gaurdian

14 x Whitelions
    -Gaurdian

300 points spare

Right, so this is the situation. I am pretty happy for what I have chosen with Lords and Heros... Although I am thinking of dropping my Prince and having 2 mages level 1 (One with Silverwand and Lore od Shadow, and 1 with High magic giving my troops 5+ wardsave.) I will be keeping my AM, Korhil and Caradryan anyhow.

Core, I am defintly considering making these units smaller, or one very large unit coming to 1,000 points. I might even add some archers to make up the points. Opinions?

Special, I do not want PG, but I will consider a unit of maybe 19 for my AM. The reason I have made my units of SM and WL 14 (2x7) is because most units I fight will have 5 wide meaning I get the most possible attacks out of them. If I drop the Prince, I will drop the Dragon Princes too and probably replace them with 2 Lion chariots.

Rare, I don't like either Great Eagles or RBT so I will not be using these.

So let me see your opinions guys. =D

Thanks.

High Elves \ Ogre Kingdoms \ Lizardmen \ Blood Angels \ Dark Angels \ Dark Elves
    W100+/D20+/L100+ \ W17/D0/L2 \ W1/D2/L2 \ W3/D0/L3 \ W7/D2/L9 \ W1/D0/L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few suggestions.

Your Prince should have some additional points added in; if anything, add the Vambraces of Defense for re-rollable AS plus WS. ( I know... its over 50 points)

The Dragon Prince champion is 20 points for one additional attack... axe it and use the points elsewhere since you'll have the prince in there for challenges.

With a 4000 point game, remember that the enemy can have up to 1000 points of war machines. Thats a lot of cannons for Dwarves, and a bunch of lightning guns for skaven. With Dark Elves/ High Elves that equates to TEN RBT's. You are taking a big risk not having the ability to "reach out and touch" your enemy. Imagine what only 4 RBT's can do if you use them in conjunction with Curse of Arrow Attraction! ( Just a thought )

Good luck, I have yet to be able to play such a massive game (in full command of all the units).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's worth giving my Prince an item to help him in combat. ^^
    And yes, I could maybe drop F/C for them in total? And just hope I dish out enough damage not to lose combat?
    That is a fair point. Plus there are cannons as special with Dwarfs I do believe? Maybe I could take 4 RBT... I will have to think about it

Thanks foe the advice.
    High Elves \ Ogre Kingdoms \ Lizardmen \ Blood Angels \ Dark Angels \ Dark Elves
    W100+/D20+/L100+ \ W17/D0/L2 \ W1/D2/L2 \ W3/D0/L3 \ W7/D2/L9 \ W1/D0/L1

+ Reply to Thread