<1000 1000 Point Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Competitive List

135-Level 2 Mage (general)
    110-Level 1 Mage Silver Wand
    Troops
    155-10 Sea Guard w/Full Command
    105-10 spearman musician,standard
    Sepcial
    180-10 Sword Masters w/Full Command
    165-9 Pheonix Gurad w/Full Command
    150-5 Dragon Princes

im really new to WHF but there is a tournament in april for new players and i wanted to enter.
    The level 2 would go with the pheonix guard and the level 1 would go with the sea guard. id probably have the infantry move up and have the princes on the flank to charge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

First, having two Mages at this point value is not necessary, and you could use the points from one of them to buff your units. Your troops would benefit from merging into one unit. Just place the spearmen models behind the LSGs in the unit, and you have a nice little unit. Also give them a Magic Banner, for example the Warbanner.
    I would also suggest dropping either the PG or the SM unit, and as you need some killing power, I'd see the PG gone and buff the SM to at least 12, perhaps even 14. This lands you at 830 points, and I would give your lvl. 2 Mage the Silver Wand, get a Bolt Thrower and an Eagle and finally add a musician on your Dragon Princes.

Hope it helped and good luck,

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

If you want a mage general, I'd aim for a L3 with 25pts worth of goodies. That'll give you a +4 on your dispel rolls, the same number of spells and free space in your heroes section for a cheap BSB
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General
    235-Archmage w/silver wand

Core
    272-19 Sea Guard w/Full Command

Special
    180-5 Dragon Princes w/Standard Bearers,Musician
    105-5 Reavers w/bows and Champion
    208-8 Silver Helms w/shields, Standard bearer, musician

revised it
    for the record at the moment i have Island of Blood set, and a lord on foot and on horseback
    archmage chills in sea guard unit
    i figure calvary is fast and can hit units
    opinions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Cavalry is indeed fast, but they suffer in 8th edition because they have next to no chance of actually breaking a unit in the first round of combat. Especially elven cavalry suffers as they don't have the survivability nor the punch in later rounds of combat. If you have the Island of Blood set, I'd swap the Silver Helms for some Swordmasters anytime. If you proxy some models, you get 12 SMs with Full Command for 210p. Almost the same your mediocre Silver Helm unit costs. Silver Helms CAN be good, but in larger units than you have, I'm afraid.

Your list would look like this:

General
    235-Archmage w/silver wand

Core
    272-19 Sea Guard w/Full Command

Special
    180-5 Dragon Princes w/Standard Bearers,Musician
    91-5 Reavers w/bows
    210-12 Swordmasters w/Full Command, Gem of Courage

TOTAL 998

Dropped the Reaver champ as he's not really needed for their job, and adds very little for his cost.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good to me i figure the swordsmen /sea guard go in the center of my army with the calvary on the flanks to flank charge units that get charged or are charged, and i personally like the lore of life for the archmage, that or lore of fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the list above i'm whould just be afraid that is the seaguards break, then your center will suffer. And Lets face it no other unit it able to hold big things and eat some casualys. As for the dp's, there a big chunk of points in a 1000 points game. But on the other hand they could work verry well in synergy as hard flankers for the seaguards. But thats à verry clear tactic that your opponent will smell right away. Other then that cool list. Just worryd about then when it whould play against gobs or skaven it will be overrun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i am somewhat worried. especially since at my gw store i play at there is A TON of skaven. As for the easy to see tactics of my sea guard plus princes, im gonna try and use that to my advantage, as since they know what the units are for they will avoid it, and in avoiding it i cant know what they are doing. the last question is what lore to give me wizard? i was thinking life, but i feel like i need a bit more kick to the list, what would be good vs skaven? as i plan to see at least 1 game in the tournament vs skaven, if not more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=. The last question is what lore to give me wizard? i was thinking life, but i feel like i need a bit more kick to the list, what would be good vs skaven? as i plan to see at least 1 game in the tournament vs skaven, if not more[/QUOTE]

Well against scaven you will obviously be facing a hord or 2 of clan rats so a good spell would be one that kills a hord in one gow. Law of life and High magic both do the job.
    Law of life has the dwellers bellow spell which forces the skaven to take stregth tests, at stregth 2 or 3 most of them will die. In High magic we have the spell Flames of the phoenix which will couse almost the same effect, stregth 3 hits for every modle!
    So with either spell about 30% to 75% of the unit will die.

hope it helps.

+ Reply to Thread