>3000 Ard Boyz Prelims - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Ard Boyz Prelims

I'm drawing on my experience from a GT I attended in January for this list. That was 2500 points, but it also didn't allow the use of special characters.

Teclis w/ Life

Caradryan
    Noble BSB w/ Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor, Opal Amulet

Archers x16
    Spearmen x30 w/ Full Command
    Spearmen x30 w/ Full Command

Swordmasters x24 w/ Full Command (and all characters) Banner of Sorcery, Skeinsliver
    White Lions x15 w/ Full Command Flame Banner
    Dragon Princes x6 w/ Full Command Razor Standard, Potion of Strength

Great Eagle
    Great Eagle
    Repeater Bolt Thrower
    Repeater Bolt Thrower
    Repeater Bolt Thrower

I found having a second mage was wasted points. The only time he got to do anything was when the Lvl 4 died. With being able to keep Teclis in the 2nd Rank, or T6 with a 4+ Regen I'm not overly concerned about his survivability. I found a unit of 24 swordmasters fully buffed with life to be able to go toe to toe with Tzeentch Chosen buffed by 2 War Alters, so there is little that I am worried about busting that block. Big units of spearmen will be able to hold up anything else allowing my Lions and Princes to get into the flanks and wreak some havoc. Bolt Throwers and Eagles will do a good job supressing War Machines and smaller ranged units.

Any suggestions beyond this?

Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking at the ard boys thing too, and I have to say that's almost identical to the list i was thinking about.

I didn't take the skeinsliver. I don't find it to be too effective. Opal amulet ofr the BSB is a nice touch, I might do that myself.

I was thinking about using lions as my main bunker instead of swordmasters, with the swords being the smaller support unit. I also don't think a full command is really needed on your lions (support unit). But I might throw it back in there in case the extra standard is needed. I don't take banner of sorcery because i've caught way too much flak for it. Teclis's staff can handle it.

16 archers, I knocked it down to 14. Two ranks of 7 instead of 8. In 7th I played dwarfs alot, and didn't like extending my thunderers/quarrellers beyond 7 wide. I may have lost a shot or two back then, but I had more room to deploy. Now, with the 1" rule, space is at a larger premium. So I figured why increase space, when allotment decreased? But its two models, so whatever.

I only went with 5 DP. The potion of strength is a great idea too, used when you plan on being charged so you're champion can still pack a wallop in a challange. Might consider it as well.

I used the all the extra points to turn one of the spear units into LSG with flaming banner. One extra shooting unit, still as combat effective as spears, and alot of the people I play really fear stand and shoot reactions, so I play on thier psychology as best I can.

All in all, I think its a good list (hence why mine is almost exactly the same!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I had a LSG unit in my GT list, but I found them to be way to expensive for what they brought to the fight. My spearmen were much more effective overall, so I decided to go with a second large block of spearmen instead.

I wanted the Skeinsliver, because all 5 games of the GT, I went second, and that was usually the most devestating time for me, since I was getting shot at before I got to move, buff, and try to disable his shooting. Plus I had 90 points to fill when I had all my bodies in there, so that was a good magic item to help close that gap.

As for the Banner of Sorcery, let people whine cheese all the way to the bank if they want. This is an Ard Boyz. It's where the cheese meets the table. I want 12 dice ever magic phase because I will use it.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

+ Reply to Thread