>3000 Defenders of the White Tower - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defenders of the White Tower

3000 point friendly non competative list. themed around The Tower of Hoeth but with some Phoenix Guards in there.C&C welcome. Mainly fighting against Orc and Goblin, Tombkings, Chaos, Wood elves and Lizardmen. I'm not really worried if it won't work, would be nice to win though I'm more interested in how the army looks on the battle field. Not a fan of big monsters but love large blocks of units.

Arcmage
    Level 4
    Lore of Life
    Silverwand
    270 points

BSB
    Great Weapon
    Armour of Caledor
    Guardian Phoenix
    168 points

Mage
    Level 2
    Lore of High Magic
    Seer Staff
    165 points

Core (997 points)
    30 Spearmen + Full Command
    30 Spearmen + Full Command
    19 Lothern Sea Guard, Shields + Full Command (level 2 mage goes here)
    10 Archers + Musician

Special (1070 points)
    18 Phoenix Warriors + Full Command and Banner of Sorcery (Lord and BSB in here)

14 Sword Masters + Full Command

Rare (350 points)

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers
    Great Eagle

Total 3000 Points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

just one thing....

Why the archers?
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You have way too much core - you only need 750, so any more than 760 and you're wasting valuable points that could be spend on something that can make people bleed more efficiently.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I see your point Byjugo on the Archers. Was thinking of Shadow warriors instead. Realitycheque, do you think I should get rid of some spears or seaguard also. Was thinking that if I get rid of the Archers and some spears I could get the Shadow warriors and maybe a Chariot. I don't have anymore bolt throwers so that's out. Does anyone take archers anymore? Have almost all other models in the HE range to use if needed. Thanks for the input guys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Shadow warriors sound cool, but in a 3k battle it will be difficult to use their scout rule(and find a spot 12 inch away, but without being killed straight away)
    I'd go for the chariots (tiranoc if possible, because that's more in the White Tower style.)

Giving one of the swordmaster champions the ruby ring of fire would also be nice and fluffy. (Just a swordmaster that has been around mages for too long and has learnt some basic spells himself)
    And i'm sure noone expects a fireball from your combat unit.
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Input. I'll look into the ruby ring idea I see what you mean about Shadow warrior scout differculties. Only want them so I have something to deal with Orc and Goblin Atrilery but I guess Eagles can do that

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Yeah I'd use eagles for that - or massed bowfire if you wanted to use archers instead of spearmen (who tbh I don't rate, but I suppose they ARE very cheap!)

I'd also swap your archmages item for Book of Hoeth. It's bloody LETHAL.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have ditched the archer unit and went for a chariot and talisman of Endurance for my Archmage. Not sure about the book of Hoeth (Everyone seems to run it lately but that's probably because it's awesome) Thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread