Librarium Online Forums banner

2000pts vs skaven

<2000 
806 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Allonairre 
#1 ·
Hi, I play against my mates skaven. We normally play with another guy but he never has his models stuck together so although we would prefer all comers lists we just end up tayloring and countering to each other! anyway to the list!

Teclis 475 Lords 475
Shadow/life

Lv2 mage 165 Heroes:165
Seer staff
High magic
Shield of saphery
Flames of the pheonix

37 Lothern Sea Guard 506 Core :506
Full Command

20 pheonix Guard 335 Special: 635
Full Command
Liche bone pendant

10 Sword Masters 150

10 Sword Masters 150

2 Bolt Throwers 200 Rare: 200

Played 2 games with this least over the weekend against my mates slave heavy army. Bolt throwers were next to worthless, could even wipe out a unit of 5 gutter runners over the course of a game, killed on average 1-2 rats a turn definately NOT worth the points. So by taking out the bolt throwers I have 200 points spare and I was thinking either dragon princes, more sword masters, more pheonix guard or a noble BSB. Also he is getting extremely angry at me using teclis but this only cos he beats me EVERY game when I play 40k against his space wolves! nonetheless I may take an archmage instead of teclis freeing up another 100 points or so.

His core army that is unlikely to change is 5 X 25 slaves with warlock engineers, 3 X 30 clanrates w/spears, Hell pit, grey seer, 1-3 warlock engineers with doom rockets(I hate that skitter leap move). Extras he plays around with are plague catapults and a screaming bell.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Although I am not familiar with your friends army I would really like to see the Banner of eternal flames on your Seaguard. This + the bolt throwers will wipe out the Hell-Pit abomination in a couple of turns, and that is a bonus.

I would leave the Bolt Throwers in there to take out as best as possible any Plague Furnace, screaming bell, Hell-Pit or even the plague catapults. I think that given the volume of shooting you have I would take the Curse of Arrow Attraction instead of Shield of Saphery.

About Teclis, my personel feelings are leave the special characters out of friendly lists. That way if you need to prove a point you can fall back on Teclis having learned to play without him.

Switch Teclis to a regular L4 (with whatever you want), give the Banner of Magic to the Phoenix Guard and try and fit in a regular BSB for the Phoenix Guard as well. You may have to drop 1 PG and 2 SM to fit in the Noble BSB.

#3 ·
Also, call your friend out on his "doomrockets"... that's a magic item, he can only have one on the entire list.

But yeah, I'd avoid special chars in a friendly game, and I'd keep the RBTs for all the reasons allonairre said. Also, coming from me being a Skaven player... ugh... what are his specials? That seems like a pretty weak list.

#4 ·
thanks for the help guys. I think because I pit of shades his hellpit in our last game I had no real targets for the bolt throwers and so they were wasted on shooting at large slave units that just absorbed the damage. I think he is taking a screaming bell next
game so il keep them in and see how they go.

Fair point on teclis. I do love him but I never realised just how insanely I would dominate the magic phase! im thinking of going lv4 archmage with book of hoeth and life as a 'mini' teclis and just irresistible forcing throne of vines first turn.......but then I do like shadow magic. what do u reckon of the aforementioned level 4 life along with a lv2 with shadow choosing pit of shades and either the withering or okams to help out the relatively low strength of sea guard? oh and im also thinking of scrathcing the sea guard and changing to 2 units of 25 spearmen with full command. Good call on the doom rocket brocksamsom, cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.