<1000 fun 1000pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fun 1000pt list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fun 1000pt list

hey everyone, got a new list im thinking of running, mostly for fun but the 3 armys ill be facing is skaven, orcs and goblins and vamp counts, any help or advice helps thanks

Archmage
    silverwand
    (lore of life)

Mage
    level 2
    the amulet of life
    (lore of beasts)

50 spearmen
    standard
    musician

bolt thorwer

eagle

1000 points total

i researched it and 5 rows of spearmen can attack with the support attacks the highelves special ability and horde special rule. both mages will go in the horde of spearmen and cast buff spells and what not, like the sig spell from beasts. its mainly just to get 50 attacks of killing power of death lmao

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not many units. I'd be scared that big block of spearmen will either be avoided for the whole game or hit from the sides and rear and torn appart. A horde of spearmen does look fun though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its true, will deff be avoided haha, but was thinking of doing it only because they got no ranged, no warmachines and horde of units them selves, but i do see your point, most the time we do play in teams though, uselly 2v2, and my teamate is uselly wood elves, if its 3v3 its wood elves and dwarfs lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Given that you can only give up 150 points from the rest of your army your opponent will probably have to fight the spears at some stage.

Should be interesting at least, looks a lot like an ogre list that I saw, same points one unit of 15 Ogres + BSB + General, maybe a butcher and 2 units of 1 sabretusk to make the list legal.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally wouldn't use a horde formation at 1k. Not only does it have a giant sign over its head that says "kill me!" but multiple charges will be the end of you. A single flank charge will likely cause you to lose whatever combat you're in, and since that basically IS your army, if that goes out, you've lost the game. A single Dwellers can finish your army on Turn 1. Yikes! In addition, every wound you take reduces your combat efficiency, which really makes it hurt when you miscast.

Now let me ask you... why go with Lore of Beasts? Besides the +1 S/T, it doesn't do anything for you but buff your mages' combat prowess (something they just will never be good at no matter how you slice it). One tactic a friend of mine pointed out was to make my second mage a lvl 1 with Fire, always taking Fireball. Roll for magic, then always cast the big Fireball with 6 dice. This basically forces your opponent to dispel it, likely taking all his dice with it. At that point, you cast your Life spells. Or you can take Shadow or Metal, or even High Magic if you want.

But hey, maybe this is the way to do it! Let me know how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a nice idea but I don't think it will work, well not against skaven and VC. Skaven will tar pit you with skaven slaves while they fire Warp Lightning Cannons and weapon teams at you and then just finish you off with whatever is handy like stormvermin or plague monks. VC will prolly do the same with big big units of Zombies and wait for a counter charge into your flanks. Both of these armies may take horde size units but they will most likely be deployed 5 wide by lots deep (like 8-10 ranks) and just deny you steadfast whilst reducing your attacks (your potential 50 attacks will go down to around 35). I am not sure how you will fair against orcs and goblins but they will probably be looking to out flank you as well.

BallsOfSteel does have a good point in the way of you magic. I would be tempted to run the Archmage with the lore of High Magic and go for Flames of the Phoenix and make the Magic Lore of Fire. With not much else in your army personally I would go on the offence with your magic to reduce the number of models your spearmen have to deal with. That unit is going to be a target no matter what so I'd rather try and take out a few threats before they reach combat rather then letting your spearmen try and deal with your opponents big and scary monsters or elite infantry when they eventually get there.
    Warhammer Armies: High Elves, Tomb Kings, Daemons of Chaos
    Warhammer 40k Armies: Chaos Daemons
    Bloodbowl Teams: Mean Machine (Dwarves)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normally i would agree with you both, but are skaven player isnt.... yah we will leave it at that haha, and the vc player is quite a bit better, but this list was mostly for fun and just too see the 'whaaaaa?' face lol but ill post to let you know how it goes, the fight against vc will be in a couple days, and there may be a multiplayer game later in the week, ill let you guys know how it goes, the main reason why i am doing this because no one i play right now run warmachines or magic, other then vc and its lore, so i was just abusing there lists type thing haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

I'm thinking of doing something similar:

Mage, level 2 with seerstaff of saphery. Shadow, Okkam's mindrazor and pick another enemy dependant.

50 Spears FC

5 Phoenix Guard with Banner of Sorcery

2 Great Eagles

Plan is to run the spears across as fast as poss and use Okkam's to give them str 8 attacks (I'd love to see the carnage of 50, always strikes first, re-roll misses str8 -I have a mate who runs 30 chaos warriors 10x3 that would be an amazing match up!). The Eagles are there to block trash or chase down any artillery/lone mages threatening the spears. PG are there to add survivability to the mage who will be directly behind the spears using them as cover. Once the spears get into combat hopefully the PG will be able to defend their flank.

Risky tactics but should be fun to play

In the long term I'll hopefully be using this with Dwarfs, running a "dwarfpedo" and plenty of shooting, in doubles matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you I would use High magic on both mages and use dispell as much as possible otherwise your spearmen will probs get hit by a spell that effects the hole unit and die horribly. Also you can lock down VC magic.

+ Reply to Thread