<3000 2500 Tourny List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Tourny List

2500 Pts - High Elves Roster

Prince (1#, 282 pts)
    Prince, 282 pts (General; Barding; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Dragon Armour; Shield)
    1 Elven Steed (Swift Stride)
    1 Vambraces of Defense
    1 Crown of Command

Prince (1#, 258 pts)
    Prince, 258 pts (Barding; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Shield)
    1 Armour of Destiny
    1 Dawnstone

Noble (1#, 168 pts)
    1 Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), 168 pts (Hand Weapon; Dragon Armour; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
    1 Banner of Sorcery

Mage (1#, 191 pts)
    1 Mage, 191 pts (Barding; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
    1 Starwood Staff

Lothern Sea Guard (23#, 324 pts)
    22 Lothern Sea Guard, 324 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)
    1 Sea Master (Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)

Lothern Sea Guard (24#, 337 pts)
    23 Lothern Sea Guard, 337 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)

Lothern Sea Guard (24#, 337 pts)
    23 Lothern Sea Guard, 337 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)

Dragon Princes (12#, 450 pts)
    11 Dragon Princes of Caledor, 450 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
    1 Drakemaster (Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
    1 The Skeinsliver
    12 Elven Steed (Swift Stride)
    1 Banner of Ellyrion

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)
    1 Repeater Bolt Thrower, 100 pts (Repeater Bolt Thrower)
    2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Warriors of chaos: 2010 > pressent
    Lizardman: 2009 > 2010 , 2011> Present

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Idea of this list is to have the 3 Units of Seaguard chilling in the back with the bolt thrower to shoot a few rounds, the unit that I like is the General/Prince/Mage Unit, a unit of 12 Dragon princes with 3 Characters in it and full command, being buffed by a Lore of Beast mage that has +3 To cast, the Two Big characters in there have 2+ Rerollable armor saves with a 4++ Save for added Measure, the banner of Sorcery allows for the mage to be supported with large dice pools of magic dice, what are your thoughts quetions concners and suggestions?
    Warriors of chaos: 2010 > pressent
    Lizardman: 2009 > 2010 , 2011> Present

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambientinspiration View Post
    So the Idea of this list is to have the 3 Units of Seaguard chilling in the back with the bolt thrower to shoot a few rounds, the unit that I like is the General/Prince/Mage Unit, a unit of 12 Dragon princes with 3 Characters in it and full command, being buffed by a Lore of Beast mage that has +3 To cast, the Two Big characters in there have 2+ Rerollable armor saves with a 4++ Save for added Measure, the banner of Sorcery allows for the mage to be supported with large dice pools of magic dice, what are your thoughts quetions concners and suggestions?
    First thing I notice is that you gave your Mage the Starwood Staff instead of the Seerstaff of Sorcery. For 10 points less, take the Seerstaff and guarantee yourself the two spells you want: Pann's Impenetrable Pelt and The Savage Beast of Horrors. It seems foolish to me that you would take a Beast Mage specifically to get those spells off only to risk never getting them in the first place. Remember, Lore of Beasts makes your spells -1 to cast on cavalry anyway.

Then I see your mage is mounted but not your BSB. I would not do that. First off, your mage will just get butchered, and giving him Folariath's Robe to protect him will only hinder your combat efficiency. Instead, I would consider giving your Dragon Princes the Banner of Sorcery instead of Ellyrion, give him some armor/ward saves, mount him up, and take him with you. That gives you three very strong combat characters for your knight bus.

Finally, I see you took halberds and shields on your characters. You cannot benefit from the shields and the halberds, so that is pointless. So you really only have two options: go for lance and shield to maximize your charge/armor saves, or take great weapons for the constant strength. Since High Elves don't have to worry about striking last, I would ALWAYS take the great weapons. Sure, you have a lower armor save, but that's why you have 4+ ward saves (and frankly, most competitive lists feature S6-and-up heavy-hitters anyway).

So my suggestion for revised characters would be...
    • Prince with great weapon, heavy armor, barded steed, Vambraces of Defense and Dragonhelm (2+ re-roll/4++)... 257
    • Prince with great weapon, barded steed, Armor of Destiny and Dawnstone (3+ re-roll/4++)... 261
    • BSB with great weapon, dragon armor, barded steed, Helm of Fortune and Guardian Phoenix (2+ re-roll/5++)... 190
    This results in the exact same amount of points spent between your current setup and what I've suggested. And, with the exception of the BSB, this will leave 25-35 points for magic weapons or enchanted items. If you wanted, you could take Potion of Strength and/or Potion of Toughness to help them out in combat.

Heck, if you take these guys as-is and drop your Bolt Thrower, you could take an extra Mage, deck him out with Lore of Life, and take Jewel of the Dusk for an extra +1 power die to cast. With two chances for channeling, +1d3 dice from Sorcery and +1 from Jewel, that's enough power dice to get a lot of spells off. I think this would be a good idea because you could use your Life Mage to force your opponent to prioritize which spells he lets through. Does he stop your AoE Savage Beast of Horrors on your knight bus? Or does he stop Dwellers?

Just some stuff to think about. I might actually make a list like this and see how it does...

+ Reply to Thread