<3000 2.5k Knight Bus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.5k Knight Bus

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

2.5k Knight Bus

Tell me what you think!

Prince - 257pt
    GW, HW, HA, Barded Elven Steed
    - Vambraces of Defense
    - Dragonhelm

Prince - 261pt
    GW, HW, Barded Elven Steed
    - Armor of Destiny
    - Dawnstone

Battle Standard Bearer - 190pt
    GW, HW, DA, Barded Elven Steed
    - Helm of Fortune
    - Guardian Phoenix

Mage (Lore of Beasts) - 181pt
    Level 2, HW, Barded Elven Steed
    - Seerstaff of Saphery

Mage (Lore of Life) - 180pt
    Level 2, HW, Barded Elven Steed
    - Sacred Incense
    - Jewel of the Dusk

32x Spearmen - 313pt
    Full command

32x Spearmen - 313pt
    Full command

12x Dragon Princes of Caledor - 440pt
    Full command
    - Amulet of Light
    - Banner of Ellyrion

19x Phoenix Guard - 365pt
    Full command
    - Banner of Sorcery

TOTAL - 2490pt

So the obvious point is to get this bus into combat and let the characters stomp faces. Since command must always be in the front, the two mages can ride along without fear of being picked off or having to fight (unless flanked). Magic is just as straight-forward as the rest of gameplay; even if the Life Mage only gets Earth Blood, it gives all the Dragon Princes 5++/4++, which is amazing since they're practically immune to fire already. And the two obvious Beast spells serve to simply make the characters veritable forces of nature. On top of that, the Princes/BSB already have a 1+/2+ re-rollable AS with a 4++/5++ ward, which should keep them nice and alive. And if that doesn't work, then the Life Mage's easy-to-cast spells will help renew lost wounds.

The Phoenix Guard's only role is to just sit back, give me Banner of Sorcery (I wanted my knight bus to ignore dangerous terrain) and possibly take a quarter for VP. And the Spearmen will just serve to back up the DPs. Although... I may take them as one horde unit of 65, full command with the Standard of Discipline instead. We'll have to see.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

8 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

41 (x2)

For Beasts spells there are 4 I'd recommend:
    1.Savage Beasts- with so many characters, the boosted level would be just nasty
    2.Wyssan's-this would help more on the 2nd or 3rd rounds of combat if your against a horde
    3.Curse of Anraheir-alternately, why not just kill a 1/3 of that horde while giving them a -1 to hit
    4.Amber Spear-great monster killer, but you shouldn't be too afraid of monsters with all those attacks going around. Personally, I'd go with 2 of the first 3.

Look like a good deathstart list! It would mess up your magic help, but the BoWD would be nice to help avoid hexes or nukes (such as Dwellers, which could easily ruin your army)

+ Reply to Thread