[1000] High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] High Elves Starter ....

Ok, I just got started in warhammer (have been playing LOTR for ever)

Im putting together a 1,000 pt army to use at my local GW Store. I like the destructive powers of the magic and the shooting (magic bows/ blot throwers) *Archers to me suck, over priced*

*HEROS*

-Mage total 175
    --Jewl of Dusk
    --lvl 2
    --Seer
    --Pure of Heart
    (High Magic)

-Mage total 175
    --Jewl of Dusk
    --lvl 2
    --Seer
    (High Magic)2

*CORE*

-8 Silver Helms total 244
    --Heavy Armour
    --Sheilds
    --Full Command
    --Lion Standard

-16 Spearmen total 206
    --Full command

*RARE*

2 Bolt throwers /w crew
    ---200pts

...@@@ 1000pts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>......................... ..................@@@@
    Cast pool- +8
    Dispell pool- +4

Basically have the Bolt throwers in the middle mith a mage on either side and with the Sh and Spearmen flanking then (one on each side)

I will choose the spells Fury of Khaine and Flames of the Phoenix for both mages

*i know i might hurt a little bit in the magic phase with only 4 dispell dice.....*

My basic plan is to shoot up the light infantry/scouts/cav/heros with the BTS and Fury of Khaine. The heavy infantry/ cav/ or hard hitting units i will hit with the flames of the phoenix.

My SH and Spears will mop up what is left of the enemy.

Last edited by Grimbog Elf Ater; June 8th, 2005 at 02:45. Reason: Eek! Don't put in individual item points costs, only the total for unit! - Grimbog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderEthalin
    Ok, I just got started in warhammer (have been playing LOTR for ever)

Im putting together a 1,000 pt army to use at my local GW Store. I like the destructive powers of the magic and the shooting (magic bows/ blot throwers) *Archers to me suck, over priced*
    Heh, I started the same way! Elves are great at combining varied elements and magic and are very effective wheny ou learn their strengths and weaknesses.

*HEROS*

-Mage total 175
    --Jewl of Dusk
    --lvl 2
    --Seer
    --Pure of Heart
    (High Magic)

-Mage total 175
    --Jewl of Dusk
    --lvl 2
    --Seer
    (High Magic)2
    The mages are great, but you can't have 2 jewels of dusk as it is considered a unique itema nd you can only have one per army. I'd suggest replacing it with a dispel scroll or the silver wand.

*CORE*

-8 Silver Helms total 244
    --Heavy Armour
    --Sheilds
    --Full Command
    --Lion Standard
    Good, you''ve used your first among equals ability on them, the Lion Standard isn't too bad, I'd consider taking the war banner instead. Also, big blocks like thois should be 10 strong, as most units they will smash into have unit strength 20+, and you will want to qual that at least to deny your opponent the outnumbering bonus to CR. The war banner also off-sets the fewer ranks you would have vs infantry blocks.

-16 Spearmen total 206
    --Full command
    Good, again, 20 would be ideal.

*RARE*

2 Bolt throwers /w crew
    ---200pts
    Great, these things are lethal. Concentrate your fire (and magic) on one unit at a time until your force them to panic, then rinse and repeat with the rest of the units you're facing.

Basically have the Bolt throwers in the middle mith a mage on either side and with the Sh and Spearmen flanking then (one on each side)

I will choose the spells Fury of Khaine and Flames of the Phoenix for both mages

*i know i might hurt a little bit in the magic phase with only 4 dispell dice.....*

My basic plan is to shoot up the light infantry/scouts/cav/heros with the BTS and Fury of Khaine. The heavy infantry/ cav/ or hard hitting units i will hit with the flames of the phoenix.

My SH and Spears will mop up what is left of the enemy.
    You should be ok on the defensive in the magic phase, if you are worried, just take the dispel scroll in place of the jewel as suggested above. Also, don't pick your spells before you know what your opponent will be fielding! The various lores available to you help against differing enemies (lore of fire - good vs TK & regenerating creatures, lore of heavens - good vs horde armies, lore of life - good vs opposing shooty armies.

As for your units, I'd keep your spears near your RBT's and the silver helms in a flanking position nearby, ready to engage once your spears have started combat. Keep your mages near (or in) the spearmen unit at all times to best protect them.

Good luck with the list!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for your input. I was thinking that too about the war banner, but i wasnt positive. One reason why Im only taking 8 SHs is because of my extensive magic and RBT usage should weaken units to or below 16 stregnth (thats only 4 casualties)

Hmm... damn, i never though about the jewl. I thought i could take multiples of them. I think ill replace it with ...a dispell scroll, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again

Cheers,

Commander

P.S.- Anyone else have anything for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think i will have any problems with any armies? *i.e.- chaos, lizardmen, DE..etc*

If so, can you give me any tips on how to overcome that army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you should definately wait to choose lores and spells until you see the enemy. However, in the end I do usually end up with High Magic

I dont really think you'll need two flames of the phoenix. Its pretty hard to cast, and you only have 7 power dice. I think you should switch it for the curse of arrow attraction, it works wonders with the RBTs

Oh, and against cavalry heavy armies you may want to deploy the RBTs on the flanks and use the solid shot against their flanks. CoAA is very effective when you're using this tactics and concentrating your fire.

Overall a good balanced list, i like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you dave, thanxs for your 2 cents...lol :cool: :lol:

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

As has been said before choose your magic when you know your opponent. I must say that Lore of Heavens can be wonderfully effective as a can opener if you use Uranons Thunder Bolt. If you are against horde armies, ie kaven, then flames of the pheonix can cut a unit down by half in one turn!!

I would have the silver wand on one mage, and give them flames of the pheonix, curse of arrow attraction and fury of khaine
    The other mage should have second sign of amul, and one other spell, depending of what army shows up

Hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm sry dude yer first mage has 80 points of magic items and the limit is 50

yes honors count towards the magic item total sad aint it

It prevented my from using my killer prince w Great wep. Armor of the gods, vambraces of defense and sword master honor. Would've killed but i cant use

Also but another box of silver helms that way youll get 16 which you can spilt into 3 groups of 5. Calvary are useless as they are sold (2 ranks of 4 men), I'm sry to say. In two ranks the other rank merely sleeps on ther sadle and by increasing the width to 5 models brings more attacks to bear.

But a good list anyway, if you don't want to add the selms than just drop 3 silver helms and add the points to the spearmen or something else.

Trust me, 5 man wide calvary is the best. I find 4 wide models only useful in spearmen.

Try it out I'm sure you'll like it.

P.S: NEED HELP W/LUSTRIA CAMPAIN, HELP?
    Last edited by bald inquisitor; June 8th, 2005 at 03:51.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I think you will find that Jewel of Dusk, and the Seer Honour add up to less than 50pts!! So I'm not quite sure what you are on about inquisitor when you say that he has 80pts of magic items. You might be thinking that upgrading to lv2 is included in magic item costs?

Although I don't use them in my armies, I have seen big blocks of cavalry used to devistating effect, so don't just discount them!!

I like the army as it stands, I hope it does well.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps :p

Thought he had silver wand or somthing
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread