4000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

4000 point list

Prince, blade of leaping gold, armour of the gods, pure of heart

Archmage, level 4, anuulian crystal, seer, dispel scroll

Commander, enchanted shield, reaver bow, eagle, lance, heavy armour

Commander, heavy armour, shield, chariot, blade of sea gold

Mage, level 2, ring of fury, dispel scroll

Mage, level 2, ring of corin, jewel of the dusk

20 spearmen, full command

20 spearmen, full command

10 archers

6 silver helms, shields, heavy armour, full command

6 silver helms, shields, heavy armour, full command

6 dragon princes, full command, banner of sorcery, amulet of purifying flame on champ

20 swordmasters, full command, banner of arcane protection, blessed tome on champ

5 shadow warriors

6 reavers, musician

Chariot

eagle

4 bolt throwers

20 Phoenix guard, full command, warbanner, amulet of fire

3991 points. This list is part of a 12k elven list (4k DE and WE allied) that will face Skaven, Beasts and Lahmian Vampires each at 4k. A huge 12k battle.

The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I like the list in general. The only thing I would suggest is to drop the pheonix guard. I have found them less than useful in my past battles. I would suggest turning the points into extra cavalry, such as 4 more silverhelms in each group an 4 more dragon princes.

These larger cavalry units may help you break the lines of the enemy.

I hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

The PG were a last minute addition when I didn't know what to throw the points into.. I know full well how few people like taking them, and I've never used them before. I know they are overpriced for what they do, but I threw them in anyway for fluff. And since it was such a large battle anyway I figured surely they couldn't do too much harm. Against the undead section they could be useful since they cause fear, or against the ambushing beasts and tunneling skaven since those guys will be out of general's leadership range and have low leadership.

But yeah, I know they aren't great and I'm still tossing up whether to keep them just for fluff or not.. Thanks for the comments.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Are you allowed to pick your general for this game?

If so get a unit of white lions and put the banner of arcane protection on them, as I believe having both that and the amulet of purifying flame overkill.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, a 12k battle!! i'm sure it'll be amazing. i hope u tell us how did everything go

here are a few things i'd suggest:

- instead of commander on eagle, mount him on steed and give him Helm of Fortune. with the reamining 25 points u can give him Sword of Might instead of giving him GreatWeapon, or u can give him 5+ WS with Guardian Phoenix. he can join the Dragon Princes. if u give the Dragon Princes champion the Sword of Might, and he has the Great weapon, this unit will have 2 S4 hits and 3 S6 hits. Amulet of purifying flame on the champ also good (Save 33points)

- Your Prince might be a killing machine with 7 S5 attacks, but he's VERY easy to kill. i would make him a 'bit' less powerful but ensure his survival. Vembraces of defence (4+WS) or Guardian Phoenix (5+WS). give him shield and GreatWeapon, so u can chose in each battle either if u want S4 and 3+AS (which u can repeat), or S6 hits with 5+AS. i would give him Lion Guard honor and put him into the Swordmasters, so they are stubborn. if u put the Lion Banner on them this unit will rock..immune to fear and terror, very useful against those vampires. give him pure of heart

-dont put a standard in the 5-6 silver helms. musician isnt needed too..take champion if u want. u need some units that u can 'sacrifice' to save more valuable units. u dont want to give them 100free points because of the standard (Save 75points)

-take out the phoenix guard (375points). get the Dragon Princes to 10units (3more for 78 points), the same with one of the Silver Helms unit (4more for 92points). Give that SH unit Ellyrion Banner or War Banner (15-20points). (Save 185points)

-Equip the Reavers with bows. they are expensive, i know. but i have tried them both ways, and bows makes them much scary..it's a lot of psychological effect. keep the spear. (Pay 36points)

-The commander in the Charriot, you can swap the Leaping Sword and get the Reaver Bow. get him a Great Sword or Halberd (to avoid attacking last)

You have an extra 260 points here

I would use them to get a unit of 5 full equiped Silver Helms, 1 charriot and 3-4 more archers

Besides, now there are too many big units (2big cavarlies, swormasters, 2spearmen) and very few helping units (2 small silverhelms units + 2 charriots + character in charriot)
    i would change one unit of Spearmen into 1 unit of 12 WhiteLions and 1chariot or 12 WhiteLions and 1 unit of 5 SilverHelms

The army finally would look like:

Characters
    9 Dragon Princes
    10 Silver Helms full equip
    19 Swordmasters
    20 Spearmen

2 units of 5 SilverHelms +champion, full equip
    2 charriots
    12 WhiteLions (+champion?)
    1 charriot / 1 unit of 5SilverHelms

6 Ellyrion Reavers + bows
    6 shadow warriors
    1 eagle

14 archers
    4 Bolt throwers

That's how i'd do it...probably u wont follow all that, but maybe u find that some of the points i pointed out can work fine for u Just make sure that every big unit needs 1 or 2 small units to help them. Cavalry helped with cavalry or charriots / infantry helped with infantry or charriots. The STUBBORN and immune to fear&terror swordmasters unit is awesome, believe me. i play with it on the tournaments i join (good results!!)

good luck!!

+ Reply to Thread