High Elves 1500 pts Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

High Elves 1500 pts Friendly

It seems like a lifetime since I last played FB with my old High Elves army. With the old rules my mages and repeater bolt throwers wrecked havoc on my enemies and I was invincible. Now it's a new rule system that I've barely played. But I've read some and given thought to this new army. As a solid bace I've bought a 23 man strong spearmen regiment that's supposed to have my hearo with Lion guard in it to make it stubborn.

Standing in front of this regiment is my archers, which will flee as charge responce and rally on the other side of the SM regiment (wich will probably be a hill).

The Lions of Chrace will deploy around a wood to make use of their woodsman rule and try to charge enemies that stick their nose out.

The Dragon princes will charge enemies over diff. ground on the other flank.

The first mage is using High magic - fury of Khain and fortune is fickle, the other one is using lore of Heavens - The lightning bolt spell and comet of cassandora.

Any feedback on my army, I have not played HE with the new rules so I'm pretty much of a noob....

Heroes

Commander - 117 pts
    Lion Guard, light armour

Mage - 180
    lvl 2, power stone, seer

Mage - 180
    lvl 2, dispel scroll, seer

Core Units

Spearmen
    23 spearmen, standard bearer, champion

Archers
    10 archers

Special Units

White Lions of Chrace
    15 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, lion standard, blessed tome

Dragon Princes of Calador
    7 dragonprinces, standard bearer, drakemaster, banner of ellyrion

Rare Units

TOTAL: around 1400+ pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I would suggest a couple of small modifications to your army list. The first one is to put the lion standard on the spearmen, as this would make them a perfect immovable unit.

I would upgrade the commander to have heavy armour and a shield minimum. I would drop one Dragon Prince and with the remaining points purchase a bolt thrower.

Finally I would change the configurations on the mages to the following

Mage 1 (Lv2)
    Seer, Silver Wand, Channeler
    (Give this one high magic and pick the spells fury of khaine, curse of arrow attraction and one other)

Mage 2 (Lv2)
    Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll

I hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, the seer skill is the thing that allows the moges to choose wich spell they will use, but maybe I should give the high-magic one the skills you proposed. For my strategy to work however, the other one will have to have the two ones selected.

As for the Dragon Princes I have given some thought to skipping the last one of them. Six cavalry minis can fight a 5 man infantry squad with their whole strength.

I noticed just a little time after I had posted that one core-regiment coulöd have a magic standard so that is allready taken care of. However I'm not sure that the stubborn will have the spearmen firm enough versus braking off.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Stubborn spearmen testing at Ld9 that won't auto break due to fear or terror. Sounds good to me!!
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I've done some changes to the list - this is how it looks:

Heroes

Commander - 119 pts
    Lion Guard, heavy armour

Mage - 170 pts
    lvl 2, silver wand, seer

Mage - 180 pts
    lvl 2, dispel scroll, ring of fury

Core Units

Spearmen -302 pts
    23 spearmen, standard bearer, lion standard, champion

Archers - 120 pts
    10 archers

Special Units

White Lions of Chrace - 280 pts
    15 white lions, full command, banner of sorcery

Dragon Princes of Calador - 222 pts
    6 dragonprinces, standard bearer, drakemaster, sword of might, banner of ellyrion

Rare Units

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100 pts

TOTAL: 1493 pts
    Last edited by Kristofer; November 25th, 2005 at 17:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Give that commander shield. As soon as your opponents about lion guard they are gonna want to kill him asap.

give the first channeler, this is so that you can choose a big spell and use 4 dice to cast it.

drop the sword of might on the drakemaster, if they are gonna get stuck in combat, then you're making a bad choice. If you really want to put something on him (and if you have the points) id suggest the amulet, blessed tome, or enchanted shield if you are gonna except challenges. I wouldnt put anything on him.

try and find the points to squeeze the blessed tome on the white lion champion. If they are close to the spears, (which i assume they will) they will make your spears stubborn ld 10.

cheers, anathir

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I had the blessed tome on him earlier in the planning and it was my plan to make him add +1 ld to as many troops as possible. But the pointcost of my units are farely high so i will probably meet larger armies most of the time. This will lead to me trying to squeeze together the troops in my command. What should I do with the cavalry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

you only need that +1 leadership to those spears...you dont need it for anything else.
    the cav looks good, but they wont do much on their own, its best to have them as a support unit.

if you need some more points, you could always reduce the dp to 5, and the spears to 19 and get drop maybe the champ in the dp to get a chariot. but really...dont worry about it.i think it looks fine as it is.

consider droping the archers for 5 silverhelms with no command. you really cant afford to throw away points on archers in anything less then 2k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

It's a shame that HE can't put shields on archers! I really need another flanking unit. About the archers: I will meet Dark Elves, Empire and Lizardmen, 1500 pts mean no Slaan, right?

I don't have any silverhelm-minis yet. I hate the new plastic ones, they look so darn ugly on every picture I've seen (I have not seen the actual sprues). So I have to wait some time now (my economy sucks) and order the old metal-ones from GW. A 6 man strong unit would fit right in.

Heroes

Commander - 121 pts
    Lion Guard, heavy armour, shield

Mage - 180 pts
    lvl 2, silver wand, seer, channeler (forked lightning, uranons thunderbolt & comet of cassandora)

Mage - 180 pts
    lvl 2, dispel scroll, ring of fury

Core Units

Spearmen -302 pts
    23 spearmen, standard bearer, lion standard, champion

Archers - 120 pts
    10 archers

Special Units

White Lions of Chrace - 280 pts
    15 white lions, full command, blessed tome, banner of sorcery

Dragon Princes of Calador - 222 pts
    5 dragonprinces, standard bearer, drakemaster, banner of ellyrion

Rare Units

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100 pts

TOTAL: 1489 pts
    Last edited by Kristofer; November 27th, 2005 at 10:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the archers..... get another RBT... ALOT MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE ARCHERS...

and then use the exta 20 pts and the other 11 is it? pts that you have left and add to your heros or core.

Cheers

Commander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast