Help Please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Please

What do you all think of this 2000 list?

Lord:
    Archmage with lvl 4, ring of fury, staff of solidity, dispel scroll and seer=355pts

Hero:
    Mage with lvl 2, ring of corin and jewel of dusk=180pts

Commander with heavy armour sheild, great weapon, helm of fortune, guardian phoenix and pure of heart=130pts

Commander with barded horse, BSB and banner of battle=192pts

Core:
    19 Spearmen with full command=239pts
    joined by commander on foot

20 Spearmen with full command=250pts

10 Archers=120pts

Special:
    5 Dragon Princes with full command and banner of sorcery=225pts
    joined by BSB

Rare:
    Bolt thrower=100pts

Bolt thrower=100pts

Eagle=50pts

Eagle=50pts

Total:1971pts

Cast:9+d3

Dispel:5

The general approach is to weaken the enemy through magic and shooting. The spearmen will aim to absorb charges to the end that the dragon prince with BSB can influence combats and make them routs. Constuctive criticism will be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Firstly I would trade the staff of solidity for a scroll, it really doesnt do much. Also one block of spearmen is enough, some helms would be nice. Also get more archers, do not forget since they are high, they get to shoot in three ranks on top of a hill. Everything else looks lsolid. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

A little magic heavy but not too horrible. The big problem this list has is that you spend so much points in magic and shooting that your line is paper thin. If your opponent has any warmachines he'll imediately use them on your Dragon Princes since you don't have another target. The battle banner will make people screem cheese!!! But I wouldn't worry about it too much. However most of your army is riding on the dragon princes and that's too risky. I always use them but often they get targetted early. Anyway. The commander on foot is kinda sucky and stuck in a not that great unit. Drop the commander and if you want something to help with shooting put the commander on foot with a reaver bow and he'll be more usefull. During your shooting phase save him till last and then use him to do that last casualty or 2 to a unit to force the panic checks. Then I would drop his unit of spearmen and get 2 units of silver helms with heavy armor and shields but no command. I would also consider dropping the lvl 4 to a lvl 2 and give him the seer and channeller honour and the silver wand. Now you have 3 choosen spells. Taking seer on a level 4 is a little overdoing it since he's he gets 4 out of the 6 spells any way. That way you save yourself enough points for a unit of swordmasters. So this would give you 3 units of heavy cav, and 2 infantry units. Now your line can handle a force that is softened by shooting and magic. Your list will only win if you can prevent everything to hit your line. Keep in mind some armies are just too fast for that. It takes Ogres only 2 turns to cross the field. And even a dwarven army with the new army book can make it across in 2 - 3 turns. Your line can't handle that.

PS high elf archers don't get to shoot in 3 ranks on a hill. They would only be able to do that if they can shoot in 2 ranks normally. But they took that away from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your advice. But i have a confeesion to make, i dont really like the list. I was looking through it and looking at its effectiveness. It was then that i realised that it wouldnt pla ythe way i would like it. I am currently re-evaluating it and will post a new one soon.

+ Reply to Thread