2300 point novice list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2300 point novice list.

This is my first try at a high elf list on this site, having played undead for a short while. 2300 points is the standard amount for players I know. I am particulalrly interested about the magic item set-up ( eg should elite unit champions be given something like blessed tome or amulet of the purifying flame etc ) and also whether all-cavalry armies really ARE the only way for High Elves to win. Any enough dalliance, here is the list. Thanks in advance.

2300 point high elf list.

Archmage, level 4, silver wand, 2 scrolls. 305pts.

Mage, Level 2, seer, scroll. 175pts.

Commander, Barded steed, shield, heavy armour, lance, sacred incense. 126pts.

Commander, Reaver bow. 115pts.

7 Silver Helms, Banner of Ellyrion, Heavy armour, shields, full command. 206pts.

20 Spearmen, Full command. 250pts.

8 Silver Helms, Full command, heavy armour, shields. 191pts.

5 Dragon Princes, Full command, Banner of Sorcery. 215pts.

Tiranoc chariot. 85pts.

2 repeater bolt throwers. 200pts.

6 shadow walkers. 90pts.

2 Great Eagles, 100pts.

20 Spearmen, standard and musician. 208pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Well ker4 you won't fool any of us by calling this a "novice" list, its obvious from your time playing undead that you seem to have developed a knack for writing well balanced army lists.

This is certainly the type of HE list one could expect to face at tournamnet level, and also the type i find particularly hard to play against (all those damn magic items).

If this really is your first attempt then i shudder to think what type of list you'll be showing us when you've got a few games under your belt!

Well done ker4!

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

A fine list if I may say so. A few comments though.

1) too many scrolls. You have 5 DD and 3 scrolls. This is more then you need. Just my oppinion though unless you play in a area where everyone plays very magic heavy.

2) The commander on the steed has secred insense. Why? I assume he goes with the 7 sliver hlems. If anything you want opponents to shoot at them since they have a 2+ AS. Discouraging them getting ship at isn't nessecary.

3) Heavy cav units of 8 kinda sucks. I mean you pay almost 100 points to get a rank bonus and all your opponent has to do is kill one to remove that 1 rank bonus. Better to make them 10 or 6. 8 just doesn't work well for the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thanks for the comments guys. I will stick with the scrolls for now, as most of my opponents play magic-heavy (I frequently find myself facing a second-gen Slann Mage), and given they are slightly cheaper than normal. I think I will take the silver helms down to 6, that should free up enough points for a few extra spears.

+ Reply to Thread