Newbie High Elf List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie High Elf List

1500 pt High ELves Army

Mage Level 2
    jewel of duck, 1 dispell scroll

Mage Level 2

Mage Level 2

10 archers

12 archers

10 archers

8 silver helms
    musician, standard bearer, champion

1 repeater bolt thrower

12 swordmasters
    musician, banner of sorcery

5 shadow Warriors

Total 1497 pts

8-10 power dice (+1 for each mage when using a spell)

5 dispell dice

3 dispell scrolls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hello and welcome to LO for my first statement. Second I will look at the list:

1) Your mages can't all have the jewel of dusk. That magic item is one per army. The only ones that aren't are power stones and dispel scrolls. If you are keen on having 3 mages, equip them like this:

a) Mage Lv2, Dispel Scroll, Jewel of Dusk
    b) Mage Lv2, Seer, Silver wand (Pick High magic and Curse of Arrow attraction)
    c) Mage Lv2, Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll

2) I would only have one unit of 10 archers.

3) I would drop the banner of sorcery

4) With the remaining points I would get the following:

a) 1 unit of 16 spearmen with full command
    b) boost the swordmasters to 15 strong and give them a champion and standard bearer only (drop the musician)
    c) Make the Silver helms 10 strong with full armour and full command

This should make 1500pts exactly. You will have 9PD and one bound spell as well as 5 dispel dice and 2 scrolls. This is more than enough magic at this level.

I hope this helps :ninja:
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja
    The only ones that aren't are power stones and dispel scrolls.
    And skaven scrolls hehe

b) boost the swordmasters to 15 strong and give them a champion and standard bearer only (drop the musician)
    Don't drop the musician, this is a rookie mistake IMO. +1 ld to rally is priceless. Can mean the difference between a scoring and non scoring unit

Yeah i would also try and get some spears in there. I'd say 20 strong with full command

Ciao

Stonehambey

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by -={0[ GEO ]0}=-
    1500 pt High ELves Army
    10 archers

12 archers

10 archers

8 silver helms
    musician, standard bearer, champion

1 repeater bolt thrower

12 swordmasters
    musician, banner of sorcery

5 shadow Warriors
    NONE of your units support each other. Your silver helms are going to be running all over, your swordmasters will either be charged by cav or struggling to catch your silver helms, and your shadow warriors are only good for bothering war machines or mages. With only 1 infantry unit for your mages to hide around, your opponent will just throw everything at it, destroy it, and kill all your mages in 1 blow.

if you want 3 infantry mages, I would lose the silver helms and archers, get 2 16+ blocks of spearmen, have the swordmasters as flankers, and try and get some chariots in there, as well as another bolt thrower. Then you sit back and mage and shoot things to death.

If you want a big cavalry unit, drop a mage and get a character in there to support them. Otherwise they'll just get tied up in combat with ranked infantry, and get flanked and die.

Archers are just about worthless. Nice and pretty and fluffy, and completely ineffective in this edition of rules. you'll have a lot of trouble killing anything with them.

RANT RANT RANT. Sorry I'm so critical. My first HE armies were a lot like this one, and they always got slaughtered. I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would lose the shadow warriors and get yourself a second rbt, drop the 2 units of 10 archers if your like me and really like archers then 1 unit of 16 is the max that ya can get away with feilding without losing out

take gingers advic on the mages, flush out the swordmasters to 15 with full command and get yourself 2 units of 16 spearmen with full command any left over points should be spent on upgrading the silverhelms and maybe get a second unit of them if the points allow (wouldn't hurt to strip the mages magic items to get some extra points too)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread