750 Friendly High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Friendly High Elves

Hey all, I'm putting this list together and have other options to choose from but I like how this one looks on paper.

1x Mage = 95
    Level 2, Channeler
    20x Spearmen = 220
    10x Swordmasters = 195
    1 RBT = 100
    5 Silverhelms

I play against wood elves a lot which is why I decided RBT instead of an eagle. Skirmishers can guard march blocking fairly easily I've found. The mage is there to soften folks up. Spearmen in 4 ranks to give a cushion for the three rank attack, and swordmasters to do what swordmasters do best..slash things..or get shot up by arrows. Then silverhelms for flank duty.

My question is this: Do you think the mage has his items set up as best he could? Should I make him level 1 and give him the magic missile ring? Give up channeler and take silver wand? Or any other advice for that matter could be helpful.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolock View Post
    Hey all, I'm putting this list together and have other options to choose from but I like how this one looks on paper.

1x Mage = 95
    Level 2, Channeler
    20x Spearmen = 220
    10x Swordmasters = 195
    1 RBT = 100
    5 Silverhelms

I play against wood elves a lot which is why I decided RBT instead of an eagle. Skirmishers can guard march blocking fairly easily I've found. The mage is there to soften folks up. Spearmen in 4 ranks to give a cushion for the three rank attack, and swordmasters to do what swordmasters do best..slash things..or get shot up by arrows. Then silverhelms for flank duty.

My question is this: Do you think the mage has his items set up as best he could? Should I make him level 1 and give him the magic missile ring? Give up channeler and take silver wand? Or any other advice for that matter could be helpful.

Thanks

Ookay first things first.

Iif you are to play Woodies i would suggest to take eagles and NOT RBT;s. With so many skirmishers (i play woodies myself) you will have a hard time hitting them.
    And since skirmishers can be blocked now, gives eagles the chance to pin them down and let you're army take them on piecemal. Even so they can take on small units and always can aid with a flank attack.

About the list:

Mage: lv.2 is good, but channeler is a waste, get the Jewel of Dusk instead and then he is good and not super expensive either.

Spearmen: Good, keep them.

Swordmasters: Drop them or make them bigger. They are good but they are with to few right now. Swamp them for another unit of silverhelms.

RBT: This i have coverd above. Get two eagles.

Silverhelms: Good, these guys kick ass in small games. Very fast and very armourd they can kick as really good. Give all you're units at least muscians and maybe champs (no banners).
    If you have the points still make units of 6, they can still manouver around but it is one more armourd body...

hope it helps and good luck with gaming

Elfwarden
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread