Welcome to Librarium Online!
Sorry. Couldn't get this in the army list section. Could someone please move it. Many Thanks
Hello all. :ninja:
It has been a few weeks/months since I have played with my High Elves, but someone has challanged me, and with the 7th edition now in full flow, I thought I would accept.
Tell me what you think:
Armour of the Gods
Radient Gem of Hoeth (For Bears Anger spell!!)
Additional Hand Weapon
Mage Lv2: 170pts
Mage Lv2: 170pts
23 Spearmen: 283pts (Mage here)
24 Spearmen: 294pts
6 Silver Helms: 145pts
19 Swordmasters: 302pts (Prince here)
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
2 Great Eagles
Let me know :ninja:
No worries palOriginally Posted by gingerninja
The Bear's Anger spell does not allow you to use any weapons with it, and the additional hand weapon cannot be used with the halberd (it's a two-handed weapon), so one or both of those weapons is rather pointless.
I'd replace the Seer on the mage with a couple of Dispel Scrolls, unless you know you're not facing much magic. Lots of armies have way more than 5 Power Dice. >>Edit: I forgot your Prince is also a wizard, but I'd still recommend at least one Scroll.<<
Core choices are pretty good, only stopping to note that archers are, for the most part, rubbish. They can do some things though (small weak units, war machines) (though they do them badly). I'd take them out.
I'd make the Swordmasters smaller. You are counting on your spearmen for the rank bonus, and the later ranks of swordmasters hardly contribute anything. Make them no bigger than 14, and spend the other points (and the archers' points) on one or more chariots.
Rare choices are solid, no change here.
My main worry about the list is its lack of manouvarability. Most armies will make sure that the eagels are taken down before they can go war machine/character hunting, which only leaves a small unit of Silver Helms for Flanking. I find that small cavelry units work well in pairs, do you think you can find the points for a second unit? I think that High Elves have some pritty decent magical weaponry, so maybe its worth giving one to the Prince rather than a Halbierd; The Swordmaster honour might be a good one to try.
Firstly, thank you all for your comments.
Well I will answer the concerns in turn:
1) The reason the Lord is equiped with both a Halberd and Additional hand weapon is just in case the spell doesn't cast or is dispelled. The equipment still means he will be effective.
2) The reason I have seer and the archers is to use with curse of arrow attraction. This spell in combination with multiple bolts and archers this is devistating. Maybe I could drop the silver wand for a dispel scroll though.
3) The swordmasters I could see as a smaller unit, but then I don't have the remaining points to make another cavalry unit. The one unit I do have was to be mainly used as a flank charge, or a distraction. Slowing a unit down. As I mostly play against armies with little shooting, (beastmen and normal chaos), this should work.
Many thanks again :ninja:
1) But you can't use a halberd and an additional close combat weapon at the same time, since the halberd requires two hands. You can't get both the additional strength and additional attack - though I suppose both gives you some flexibility.
2) Archers: no it isn't, it's still crap. I know, I've tried. Okay some more of them hit, but you're still at S:3, and archers are still way overpointed. Bolt Throwers: yes, CoAA is very good for Bolt Throwers.
Maybe I've just been lucky with my archers. But if I delay my opponents movement I have destroyed heavy units using this tactic. I will try it and then modify if it doesn't work.
Thanks for your advice though :ninja: